Thursday, April 30, 2015

deep sigh ~ 3/22/15

Sunday, March 22, 2015 (7:21 a.m.)
Southbound - Ruby Princess
Balcony
Most Holy, Awesome God,

Mmm...
(7:54 a.m.)

Father, how I thank You! With that deep breath came an equally deep sigh. And with that? A review of Jesus in Conflict, Mark 6:1-8:26.

Because of Your Word and all that has been written about it I get to sit here and read as though I were right there witnessing His teachings myself. He was rejected by His own relatives and former neighbors. He suffered the loss of His cousin [John the Baptist] at the hands of evil. He faced exhaustion and hunger.

Again and again His disciples showed signs of just not getting what all they are experiencing first hand. They were witness to miracles and healing yet failed “to grasp the meaning of His words and actions” (Illustrated Bible Handbook).

Blessed Father, how I thank You for reminders that I am not alone in my failure to grasp. I have opportunity, on top of privilege, amid blessing and still there are moments of despair and utter sadness. Frequent are the wonders of what can be done for neighbors, loved ones and complete strangers that struggle in this world.

It's so easy to focus on the sadness and seemingly selfishness of it all. Guide and direct my thoughts again to You and Your provision. While I don't have answers to any of the pain and suffering of others I do have my experience with You that I long to share. Empower and enable me to do such a better job of talking freely of Your mighty power and grace.

Your love is what has allowed me all these years to continue taking deep breaths and baby steps. Will there come a time when I actually make great strides for You? I wonder.

Until then, I thank You again for the chance to offer You another deep sigh of utter praise. I love You. I long to serve You. And I ask You to make me ready, willing and able to do so. Well.

Guide me. Direct me. Empower and embolden me. I love You Father. Thank You. Amen.
(355 words ~ 8:35 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment