Friday, April 17, 2015

another chance at humility

Thursday, April 16, 2015 (7:02 a.m.)
Holy, Mighty, Awesome God,

I got another chance at humility yesterday. Thinking one thing and then remembering another. I confess to You Blessed Father, I was regarding myself as being quite “all that”. And then You reminded me... I'm no better.

Thank You that I get to see myself very clearly in the example Jesus gave of The Pharisee and Tax Collector (Luke 18:9-14). Illustrated Bible Handbook states rather simply, “It is not the individual self-righteously proud of his own goodness whom God accepts, but the person who acknowledges his sins and seeks mercy.”

Blessed Father, thank You for reminding me of who I was and all I've done. If not for the holy blood of Your precious Son's sacrifice on my behalf, I would still be one without hope. Thank You that I am able to sit right here reading A Humble Heart devotional in The Life Recovery Bible and be blessed by it.

“It is the humble heart that opens the door to God's forgiveness.” Father, thank You for Your willingness to forgive. Thank You that because of Jesus' obedience to Your love we are able to come before You and have our sins of scarlet and crimson become white as snow and wool (Isaiah 1:18).

Thank You Father that one humbled thought leads to another and I am deeply reminded of the mistakes and lies. Carelessness and pride. Thank You for not leaving me in the shame of it all. Thank You that You truly lead us to another chance at humility.

Imbue me with Your holiness Dearest God. Forgive me my pride and arrogance. I love You. I want to give You all You deserve of me. Work in me to that end I so humbly pray. Thank You. I love You. Amen.

 (305 words ~ 8:28 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment