Monday, April 13, 2015

thankfulness

Monday. April 13, 2015 (7:26 a.m.)
Blessed Father,

Thank You. There's so very much for which to be thankful. Would You teach me that fine art of thankfulness today?

And just like that [snap!] one section of Scripture is answer to my request! Colossians 3:15-17.

“Let the peace of Christ keep you in tune with each other, in step with each other. None of this going off and doing your own things. And cultivate thankfulness. Let the Word of Christ – the Message – have the run of the house. Give it plenty of room in your lives. Instruct and direct one another using good common sense. And sing, sing your hearts out to God! Let every detail in your lives – words, actions, whatever – be done in the name of the Master, Jesus, thanking God the Father every step of the way” (The Message).

Yes, please. Yes! That's what I'm talking about! And because it's what I want so darned much, I read up a few verses (12-14) in The Life Recovery Bible.

“Since God chose you to be the holy people who He loves, you must clothe yourselves with tenderhearted mercy, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. You must make allowance for each other's faults and forgive the person who offends you. Remember, the Lord forgave you, so you must forgive others. And the most important piece of clothing you must wear is love. Love is what binds us all together in perfect harmony.”

It all reads so simply. I sit here nodding my head. Wanting desperately to live my life in You. Each moment. Every day. And here's the confession... I don't do it. I wrestle. Struggle. Take firm stances when I probably shouldn't. And I don't stand firm when You would have me.

Work in me my God and Savior. Keep fining [purifying] and refining me (Mark 9:49; 1Peter 4:12-13). Even [especially] when I fight so hard against You.

As much as I agree with Your Word and rejoice in Your Truth, that's how I want to live this day. Joyfully. Lovingly. Honestly. Openly. Willingly. Make it so. As only You can. Guide. Direct. Empower. Infuse me with Your goodness and Your grace.

I love You. I long to represent You well. Teach me I ask. Thank You. I love You. Amen.
(386 words ~ 8:39 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment