Wednesday, April 29, 2015

finding more

Tuesday, April 28, 2015 (6:09 a.m.)
Awesome, Holy God,

Thank You. There was sleep. And fun. Dancing. And a movie. There was even a certain degree of awkwardness. And I kept looking for Jesus.

Yesterday I read something [which I now cannot find] about looking for Jesus and finding joy in the process. NOT the other way around! I keep thinking about that.

Over an hour has been spent looking over, rereading, trying hard to find that piece and finding more in the process. Isn't that just like You? The more we look and actively search, the more of You there is to be found.

Thank You Jesus. Thank You for all You are. All You do and have done on our behalf. Thank You that Your Word is here to remind us. Challenge us. Feed us.

I look. I read. I hope. I pray. And now I ask You Dearest Jesus, teach me to live in You as You command (John 15:9). Intimately. Closely. Abidingly. Connectedly. That I would indeed continue, remain, stay, dwell in Your love.

Mm, yes. Keeping Your commandments (v. 10) that Your joy would be in me and my joy would be complete, full (11).

I confess, I desire to love others as You would have me love (v. 12) yet I know myself. I am not one that is likely to lay my life down for another (13). This is where You come in. Doing in and with, by and for me ALL that I am unable [unwillingly] to do on my own.

I love You Jesus. How I ask You to empower and embolden me to love You all the more. Help me seek You throughout this day. Thank You. I love You. Amen.
(292 words ~ 8:25 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment