Thursday, April 30, 2015

"..." ~ 3/19/15

Thursday, March 19, 2015 (7:30 a.m.)
Most Dear and Holy God,

Our Father, which art in heaven... What a mighty, awesome God You are. I'm here again confessing that I don't really know how to approach You. Nope. Strike that, 'cause I do!

I'm 'sposed to be open and honest and I confess to refusing to do that. I don't want to sound like a whiner. You bless us. Abundantly! How dare I focus on the piddly little annoyances that pop up. Yet I do. But I don't want to.

This is where the lesson I was learning in studying about the Psalms yesterday was so profound. The Psalmists complained. They shared their feelings with You. Readily. They didn't hedge. They let You know exactly what was going on in and with them.

Father, thank You for their example. Thank You for Your willingness to accept us just as we are. Flawed. Imperfect. Error - prone, bound, ridden.

Ah, but the glory of it all ~ is You! I hurt. You heal. I make mistakes. You teach through them. I doubt. You comfort.

Even yesterday. I left our time together wondering. I turned the calendar page and felt Your presence. After spending hours learning more about the Psalms, I truly beamed as I read, “The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in Him, and I am helped...” (Psalm 28:7 NIV). Yes. You are, it does and I am.

And would You look at this? I just finished reading what was omitted by the dots [ellipsis] above. “...and my heart is filled with joy. I burst out in songs of thanksgiving” (New Living Translation).

The Living Bible says, “Joy rises in my heart until I burst out in songs of praise to Him.”

There are descriptions of “jumping for joy, and shouting and singing my thanks to Him” (The Message). Being “very happy” and praising You with song (New Century Version). Hearts exult and thanks are sung.

I like how The Voice presents it. “When I learn to rest and truly trust Him, He sends His help. This is why my heart is singing! I open my mouth to praise Him, and thankfulness rises as song.”

Father, You know my hurts. The aches and pains. Discouragements. Doubts. To dwell on them would come quite naturally for me. Thank You for allowing me to “learn to rest and truly trust” You!

I love You. Use me this day as You wish. Strengthen, encourage and empower me to be all You would have me be and do only what it is You would have me do. I love You. I thank You. And I praise You. Thank You for all You are and all You do. Thank You. I love You. Amen.

 (463 words ~ 8:24 a.m.)
  

No comments:

Post a Comment