Thursday, August 1, 2024

"just a dream"

 Thursday, August 1, 2024 (6:18 a.m.)

Blessed God,


Thank You! More sleep. Deep enough for a wild and remembered dream. Detailed. And in some instances, a bit concerning. Thank You for the relief I enJOYed upon awakening to the thought, “Oh! It was just a dream.” And the realization that You show us so much of ourselves when we’re willing to look at all You provide us.


Thank You God for the various ways You demonstrate Your love for us. Always faithful.

(7:15 a.m.)

Teaching us to love. And be loving.

(8:15 a.m.)

Mm. Teach me more Dear Lord.


Let’s again go over what Your Word has to say regarding what love is and what it is not.

(10:31 a.m.)

There again. I ask (Matthew 7:7). You provide.


This time in EasyEnglish Bible. 1 Corinthians 13:4-7. “If I love people, I will be patient. I will be kind. I will not be jealous of other people. I will not be proud and say that I am great. If I love people, I will be polite. I will not just want to please myself. I will not quickly become angry. If someone does a wrong thing against me, I will not keep it in my thoughts. If I love people, I will not be happy when bad things happen. Instead, I will be happy when things happen that are right and true. If I love people, I will always accept their problems. I will always believe them. I will always hope for what is best. I will always be patient in troubles.”


And how is any of this even possible? Because You first loved us (1John 4:19). And You gave Your one and only Son to save us (John 3:16a). ‘You did not send Your Son into the world because You wanted to punish people. You sent Your Son to save the people in the world from punishment’ (v.17).


Continue Your fining and refining work in each of us Dearest Lord. That we would truly live every moment in, with, by, through and for Your precious love. Genuinely glorifying and enJOYing You as we go.


Thank You Father. I love, need, trust and want You. Do all You must in reminding me that living for You is worth so much more than ‘just a dream.’ 

(12:17 p.m.)

Praise You God. Amen.

(404 words ~ 12:18 p.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment