Saturday, August 17, 2024

saying what I mean

 Saturday, August 17, 2024 (6:24 a.m.)

Holy God,


Thank You. I came very close to grunting and growling. Grumbling and just plain moping. Thank You that You have better for us than that.


Thank You that “thank You” is fairly easy to say. And to mean. Yes Lord. When I say thank You to You I absolutely want to mean it.


Thank You for the work You are doing in teaching me to communicate better. There is still so much to learn. I have such a long way to go.

(6:57 a.m.)


Father, I like the way You help me play with words. Leading me to songs that might otherwise go unnoticed [Ride Like the Wind].


I confess to You my tendency to still lean toward negative reactions. Thank You for reminding me of Your much better way.


We get to choose. Onto what we will hold. And that which we will let go. Harsh words? Hurt feelings? Yours is such the better way. “We must say what is true and say it with love [Speak the Truth in love!], in that way we will grow up in all things to be like Christ, who is the head of this body” (Ephesians 4:15).


Yes please Lord. Continue Your work in, with, by, through and for me that I will truly learn to say what I mean and mean what I say. Lovingly. Joyously. Peacefully. Kindly. Goodly. Faithfully. Gently. And with self-control (Galatians 5:22-23a).


Yes! I want to learn to “WAIT!” Asking myself at every turn “why am I talking?”


I love You Father. I need, trust and want You. Do all You must in fining, refining and using me to Your perfect design. Thank You. Praise You. Amen.


(294 words ~ 7:18 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment