Thursday, August 15, 2024

for all seasons

 Thursday, August 15, 2024 (6:13 a.m.)

Holy God,


Thank You! The plan was to come grump and growl. Thank You for changing that in me.


I am grateful Lord. For so many reasons. And so many seasons. Just like a song from my long ago youth. 1971 to be exact.


Thank You God for the ways You help me put my focus back on You. Exactly where it needs to be.


Thank You for the opportunity to read other people’s hearts expressed on the internet. Right now it’s Joyce Meyer’s take on how to “Embrace Every Season of Life”. Thank You God!


Thank You that You intimately know our needs. Our wants. Our fears. Our strengths. Every single aspect of our very being.


Thank You for the many times throughout each day that I have reason to smile. Thank You for the reminder of keeping “I hate” away from things I think or say. Thank You for encouraging me to “stir up more love and gratitude” in my heart.


Thank You for the joy that can be found in the simplest of things. A perfectly toasted slice of bread. Two of 2,000 jigsaw puzzle pieces joining together effortlessly.


Father God, You truly are great. Good. Glorious. Gracious (Psalm 145:5-8). And I am immensely, eternally grateful.


Work in, with, by, through and for me this day [which You have made (Psalm 118:24a)]. I very much want to rejoice and be glad in it (24b).


Use me as You know is best. Loving You, others and myself (Mark 12:30-31). With all of my heart, soul, mind and strength.


I love, need, trust and want You. Do all that You must in aligning me with Your call. Thank You. Praise You. Amen.

(294 words ~ 7:04 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment