Friday, August 9, 2024

turning my eyes

 Friday, August 9, 2024 (5:04 a.m.)

Holy God,


This morning I’m feeling overwhelmed. There are so many thoughts. Variables. Mistakes just waiting to be made.


I’m turning again to You. Looking full in Your wonderful face. Immediately I am blessed! Thank You.


♪O soul are you weary and troubled No light in the darkness you see There’s light for a look at the Savior And life more abundant and free Turn Your Eyes Upon Jesus Look full in His wonderful face And the things of earth will grow strangely dim In the light of His glory and grace♪

(5:59 a.m.)


As often as I believe that I don’t doubt Your goodness and Your grace, here I am again amazed when if shows up. Again!


First by reading about Psalm 123:1. And then by singing Psalm 25:1-2.


Unto Thee, O Lord do I lift up my soul… Oh my God, I trust in Thee, Let me not be ashamed, Let not mine enemies triumph over me♪ 


It borders on embarrassing how often I am surprised by Your goodness. Your grace. Your greatness. Your glory (Psalm 145:5-8).


I say the words. And then You lead and guide me passed my fears and foibles. Reminding me that You really do have all of our concerns, right there in the very palm of Your hand.

(6:16 a.m.)

And right here, You’re doing it again!


Finding the verses (Psalm 95:4-5)  about You having the whole world in Your hands, leads me to singing yet another song. Attached to verse 6 and 7.


Come Let Us Worship and Bow Down Let us kneel before the Lord, Our God, our Maker… For He is our God And we are the people of His pasture I’m a sheep of His hand…♪ Just a sheep in Your hand. Thank You God!


All this while looking out at the ever changing sky. You know? This glorious view I wasn’t sure was worth getting up for.


Thank You for overriding my resisting hesitancy! The fingers of God (Crepuscular Rays). The perfect amount of cloud coverage. And just the right colors. Thank You that I missed none of it!


As I continue turning my eyes toward You, I ask (Matthew 7:7) You to keep me right there in Your safe and dependable hands. Guide and direct me in the dealings You would have me undertake.


There are truly times I think it’s a big, bad, scary world out there. Oh look! Another Truth of Yours!


Jesus said it to His disciples. “I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world” (John 16:33).


Thank You Lord. And here I am. Back in Psalms. 91. Verses 1 and 4. “Those who live in the shelter of the Most High will find rest in the shadow of the Almighty… He will cover you with His feathers. He will shelter you with His wings. His faithful promises are your armor and protection.”


Yes please! Turning my eyes to Jesus and putting my faith and trust in You. Use me today exactly as You alone know is best. Loving. Serving. Glorifying and enJOYing You. Now and forever. Thank You. Amen!

(557 words ~ 6:44 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment