Saturday, August 31, 2024

blessings upon blessings

Saturday, August 31, 2024 (6:55 a.m.)

Thank You, God.


Yes. Thank You for the blessings upon blessings You provide.

(7:22 a.m.)


Like those very simple words right there. “Blessings upon blessings” led me to Jeremiah 17:7. And going up and down from there. Reading of his confidence in You (6:19). And Your promise to show Your power and might (v. 21).


Thank You Father that our hope and faith and trust can rest in You. “This is what the LORD says: ‘Cursed are those who put their trust in mere humans and turn their hearts away from the LORD. They are like stunted shrubs in the desert, with no hope for the future… 


‘But blessed are those who trust in the LORD and have made the LORD their hope and confidence. They are like trees planted along a riverbank, with roots that reach deep into the water. Such trees are not bothered by the heat or worried by long months of drought. Their leaves stay green, and they go right on producing delicious fruit.” (17:5-8).


Lord God, thank You for all You do in, with, by, through and for us that we will become such trees. Planted along the riverbank. I want very much for my leaves to stay green so I go right on producing delicious fruit.


I confess to being fearful of many things in this new life You’ve provided me. Father, I want my thoughts, words and actions to be above board. Honoring You in every way. Do all You must that I will serve You as You alone know is best.


Thank You for extra sleep this morning. Brought on by prayers to You in regards to others. Continue Your work in strengthening me that I will not be afraid.


I love, need, trust and want to glorify and enjoy You forever. You know exactly how to make that happen. Thank You. Praise You. Amen.

(326 words ~ 7:42 a.m.)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment