Saturday, August 3, 2024

"for Thou art with me"

 Saturday, August 3, 2024 (5:52 a.m.)

Blessed God,


I’m confessing a whole lot of fear to You this morning. Fear of having taken on too much. Fear of making mistakes. Fear of the unknown.


Thank You that in confessing to You, I come closer to You. Thank You that Your Word tells us the fear we are to have is in regards to You.


Deuteronomy 10:12. A Call to Love and Obedience Yes. Please! 


“And now, Israel, what does the LORD your God require of you? He requires you to fear Him, to live according to His will, to love and worship Him with all your heart and soul, and to obey the LORD’s commands and laws that I [Moses] am giving you today for your own good” (vs. 12-13).


Holy God, thank You for loving us so much. So much that You gave us Your only Son (John 3:16). Not to condemn the world, but to save it (v. 17).


Thank You for the hope and Truth we find in Your Word. Romans 15:13, “So I [Paul] pray that God, who gives you hope, will keep you happy and full of peace as you believe in Him. May you overflow with hope through the power of the Holy Spirit.”


Mm, yes. Yes, please!


Reading a novel [The Ministry of Time] about the hope of a better future. It speaks of making the same mistakes and wrong choices. Of wanting things to be different. Better. The importance of love. Hope. And forgiveness.


Thank You Father that Your Word teaches the Truth and power of love, hope and forgiveness. Reading the ending paragraph of the story, I see YOU here. Telling us of YOUR Truth and power.


“You will have hope, and you will be forgiven. Forgiveness, which takes you back to the person you were and lets you reset them. Hope, which exists in a future in which you are new. Forgiveness and hope are miracles. They let you change your life. They are time-travel.”


Father, thank You for the ways You bring our thinking and actions back to You. Billy Graham once wrote, “Fear can paralyze us and keep us from exercising faith in God. Anxiety and fear are like baby tigers; the more we feed them, the stronger they grow. The devil loves a fearful Christian, because fear can banish faith, but remember - faith can banish fear.”


Thank You Father! I need my fear to be in You. Fully Esteeming And Revering You!


I very well may have made some mistakes in my scheduling. I am venturing out into new, uncharted territories for myself. I do NOT go alone. “I will fear no evil for Thou art with me” (Psalm 23:4b)..


Thank You Lord. Use me as You alone know is best. Unafraid. Trusting. Believing. Hoping. Praying.


I love, need, trust and want You. Thank You. Praise You. Amen.


(487 words ~ 6:52 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment