Tuesday, September 21, 2021

"hearts beat high with joy"

 Tuesday, September 21, 2021 (7:47 a.m.)

Family Room


It seems just a moment ago that I saw 6:56. Blink! It all goes by so fast.


I’ve been singing ♪Holy Spirit You are welcome here Come flood this place and fill the atmosphere Your glory God is what our hearts long for To be overcome with Your presence Lord♪ for hours now. Interspersed with the occasional grumble when things aren’t to my liking.


How is that Lord? I claim faithfulness. You know? “Forsaking all I trust Him” repeatedly. Only to throw it all out when I hit a bump. Work in me I pray. With. By. Through. For me.


I want to be all that I am not. Loving. Kind. Oh yes Dear God. Work Your kindness into me this day.


Here’s a smile. It keeps trying to break through. I know You to be great. Glorious. Good. Gracious. And satan to be a liar!


Considering the word faith I immediately started singing a different song. ♪Faith of Our Fathers living still…♪ has me wondering about the faith of my ancestors. I saw a lot of hard work. And determination. But faith? I don’t recall it being visibly evident.


A line from this famous hymn has me sitting up and taking notice. ♪O how our hearts beat high with joy♪ I can’t even read it without smiling.


Thank You Father! You provide us so very much joy.


Even here is a nod to what I’d forgotten from yesterday. The intention to look more into Psalm 16. Looking at verse 9, the smile comes before I am aware.


“Heart, body, and soul are filled with joy.” How incredible is that!


Blessed Lord, this is where I confess to floundering. Being torn by thoughts of past slights and hurts. You’re so much bigger than all my perceptions. Imperfect as they may be.


I want to live this day guided by You. To all the joy, faith, hope and love You have for me.


Quoting The Message right now, I am asking (Matthew 7:7) You to “Keep me safe, O God, I’ve run for dear life to You. I say to GOD, ‘Be my Lord!’ Without You, nothing makes sense” (Psalm 16:1-2).


Oh most dear and blessed God, the more I read the more I want to know! I want to know You as David did! As Friend. Savior. Strength of heart and portion forever (Psalm 73:26).


Do all You must that I will live this day glorifying and enjoying You. I want to represent You well. Believing. Trusting. Offering the example of truly walking with You.


“You make known to me the path of life; in Your presence there is fullness of joy; at Your right hand are pleasures forevermore” (Psalm 16:11 English Standard Version). Keep my steps aligned with Yours.


I truly desire to live faithfully. With my heart beating high with joy! I love You, God. I thank You. And I ask You. Do all You must. Amen.

(502 words ~ 9:03 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment