Friday, September 10, 2021

King of kings

 Friday, September 10, 2021 (6:20 a.m.)


♪Praise the Father, Praise the Son, Praise the Spirit Three-in-One♪


Thank and praise You God!


What a perfect way to start the day! Singing praises ♪to the King of Kings


Blessed Lord, I ask that to be the course for today. Singing praises to You.


Teach me what it is to properly revere You. Yes Lord. Teach me!


I ask. You answer. Providing Your Truth. And the hope we find in it. Thank You Father. Praise You.


Psalm 46:7-11. In all the various translations. Right now I’m reading The Voice and marveling at more I never knew.


“This song is attributed to the sons of Korah. It praises God for His strength and protection and for Jerusalem and its temple where God uniquely dwells. It invites the world to witness a future when wars and striving will cease and all the nations know and worship the one True God.”


Here I thought I was going straight to the end of the chapter. Instead, verse one. “God is our shelter and our strength. When troubles seem near, God is nearer, and He’s ready to help. So why run and hide?” Why indeed, Lord!


“No fear, no pacing, no biting fingernails. When the earth spins out of control, we are sure and fearless. When mountains crumble and the waters run wild, we are sure and fearless. Even in heavy winds and huge waves, or as mountains shake, we are sure and fearless. [pause]” (vs. 2-3).


Yes. PAUSE!


Blessed Father, I’m normally in such a hurry to get to verse 10. “Be still, and know that I am God…” I rush right past Your Truth.


Father, I want to live each day “sure and fearless.” In You. With You. By, through and for You.


Turning over to The Message I read, “Step out of the traffic! Take a long, loving look a me, your High God, above politics, above everything.”


Just when I think I’m over-the-top excited, “But wait! There’s more!”


The Passion Translation “Surrender your anxiety.” And the footnote? “Or ‘Let go!’ The Septuagint reads ‘relax.’”


Back up to the top of this well known and loved psalm. Subtitled “God on Our Side For the Pure and Shining One


Holy God. Thank You that I got to wake up singing Your Truth. Your availability. Your glory. Your majesty.


Use me this day that I will truly ♪Praise the Father Praise the Son Praise the Spirit Three-in-One God of glory Majesty Praise forever to the King of kings♪


Thank You that You call me to sing. Smile. Stand firm on Your Word. And stay my mind on Your Truth and promises.


You provide our every need. Let that be far more than enough for me. Thank You. Praise You. I love You. Amen.

477 words ~ 8:24 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment