Monday, September 20, 2021

f.e.a.r. ing God

 Monday, September 20, 2021 (5:54 a.m.)

Family Room

Truly Holy God,


THANK YOU! Praise You. Bless You. Honor and adore You. Fear You. Yes! Fully esteem and revere You.


I’ve known it for years. The importance of fully esteeming and revering You (Proverbs 9:10). Too often I forget. Thank You for the reminder just now.


Waking up after much difficulty getting to sleep I was truly blessed. Your words of power and freedom. Reminders that we are loved by You. That ♪this IS the day that the Lord hath made. I WILL rejoice and be glad in it♪ As well as ♪I’m no longer a slave to fear I am a child of God♪


Yesterday I became particularly aware of my critical nature. Especially toward myself. Lord, I not only need, but truly desire the grace You provide.


♪Oh, ho, ho it’s MAGIC♪ [Mercy and Grace in Christ]


Songs of freedom abound for me this morning. ♪There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus♪ (Romans 8:1)

(7:20 a.m.)

♪Lord I’m on my knees again Lord I’m beggin’ please again♪


Sung while actually on my knees again. Working on a project with results that don’t consistently meet the standards I set for myself. Hence the realization of my need for Your grace!


It “hit” me yesterday. If someone else were to be doing this work for me I’d be appreciative. Encouraging. With my own efforts? I see the flaws. Focus on the imperfections.


God, You have a great deal of work to do in, with, by, through and for me. Bringing me around to Your Truth. Your love. You grace.


I long to serve You Lord. In the most basic ways possible. I believe that begins with learning to be kinder to myself. Yes! To love myself as freely and completely as I love You and others. With ALL of my heart, soul, mind and strength (Mark 12:30-31).


Teach me. Train me. You keep giving me nuggets. Little breadcrumbs on the path. Those “Aha!” moments of Your Truth. Leading me. Guiding me. Deeper into Your Word.


Finding a site titled “Loving on Purpose” has me considering what it would be like to allow You to love me exactly as I am. Without the self-imposed judgments I so often bring along.


Let’s try that, shall we?


I knew yesterday that I was going to ask You to teach me more about what Your love really is (1 Corinthians 13:4-8a). I had no idea when I first started singing about freedom so much earlier this morning that this is where it would lead. Thank You Father! Praise You Jesus! There truly IS power in Your name!


(2:23 p.m.)


I just this minute read the question, “How has God been teaching you about what it means to love yourself well?” Immediately I remember Philippians 1:9 in The Message.


“So this is my prayer: that your love will flourish and that you will not only love much but well. Learn to love appropriately.” Yes please Father. Teach me to love You, others and myself appropriately.


Considering all the love we have from You Dear Father (1 John 4), I’m asking You to continue Your work in showing my how to properly love and fear You. Fully esteeming and revering You.


Every time I think, “Yes! THIS is the verse I need” there’s so much more to consider. Next up is Psalm 16. Thank You Father for your tender loving care. Use me as only You know is best. Loving You, others and myself. Thank You. Praise You. Amen.

(607 words ~ 3:12 p.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment