Friday, September 24, 2021

another [better] way!

 Thursday, September 23, 2021 (5:42 a.m.)

Holy God,


Will You talk with me about freedom this morning? And forgiveness.


John 8:32

Psalm 119:45

2 Corinthians 3:17

Ephesians 4:22-32


Dearest Father, I love You. I search Your Word and find hope. Peace. Truth. Your Truth that provides freedom.

(6:15 a.m.)

Thank and praise You, Lord!


I read. Sing. And read some more. There’s genuine hope in here. Joy. And yes… freedom! Ultimate freedom. Found only in You.


Illustrated Bible Handbook. “The New Self; (Ephesians) 4:17-25… Paul calls on the Ephesians to… take an entirely new approach to living.”


Immediately the song starts deeply within. What is it? Why do I know it? 1971. Rare Earth. ♪I Just Want To Celebrate♪


I do Lord! Truly. ♪I just want to celebrate another day of livin’… another day of life♪ Reading the lyrics I see myself . Putting faith in people. Being let down. Turning the other way and carrying on anyhow. Making the conscious decision to celebrate anyway.


♪Yeah, yeah Another day [WAY] of living♪ Dealing with disappointments. Being aware of the blessings.


♪Well, I can’t be bothered with sorrow And I can’t be bothered with hate, no, no… I just want to celebrate♪ Keep my focus on You Dear Lord. The blessings. Not the regrets. The hope. Not the hurts. The faith. Not the fear.


♪Had my hand on the dollar bill And the dollar bill flew away But the sun is shining down on me And it’s here to stay♪


Lord, I am asking that I represent You well this day. Glorifying and enjoying You.


No comments:

Post a Comment