Monday, September 6, 2021

Reminded

 Labor Day Monday, September 6, 2021 (6:26 a.m.)

Blessed, Holy Loving Lord,


Thank You! Yes. I confessed feeling out of sorts with You yesterday. You reminded me to do the next thing. To smile. Sing. Stand firm. Stay my mind. On Your greatness.


Mm, yes. You reminded me! Thank You. I sit here, digging into Your Word. And I find myself at peace. No longer struggling with my thoughts. Hope is rising. Praise You Father.


Reading Paul’s words to the Ephesians (1:19) in The Passion Translation music immediately started in my mind. Thank You for the easy find Lord!


♪… the glory of Your goodness♪ is the very last line of Holy Spirit. Upon reading the title, lyrics rushed in. ♪Holy Spirit You are welcome here Come flood this place and fill the atmosphere Your glory, God, is what our hearts long for To be overcome by Your presence, Lord♪


Father God, that is exactly what we need. ♪To be overcome by Your presence, Lord♪ It’s so easy to feel defeated by the circumstances of this world Lord.


Thank You that we have You to set us straight. Beginning with verse 18, Paul writing. “I pray that the light of God will illuminate the eyes of your imagination [‘Or “innermost” (heart)’], flooding you with light, until you experience the full revelation of the hope of His calling [‘Or “to which He is calling you”’]- that is, the wealth of God’s glorious inheritances that He finds in us, His holy ones!”


Here again, ♪… the glory of Your goodness♪ Praise You Father.


Verse 19. “I pray you will continually experience the immeasurable greatness of God’s power made available to you through faith. Then your lives will be an advertisement of this immense power as it works through you!”


Yes Lord. Please. I long to advertise You well. Do all You must to this end. ♪Let us become more aware of Your presence Let us experience the glory of Your goodness♪


This section of Scripture speaks of Your greatness. Your glory. And goodness. Not mentioned is Your grace. Oh but it’s what holds it all together. Your mercy and grace in Christ is ours when we allow You to remind us.


Thank You Father. Use me this day. Exactly as only You know is best. Reminding me at every turn the power available to us as we counter and redirect our thinking with two simple, yet profound words.


“But God…” Just a few verses after telling of Your power, Paul speaks more on Your love, compassion and mercy (2:4).


Oh yes Father! Thank You for reminding me of the power of these two words. Psalm 73:26.


“My health may fail, and my spirit may grow weak, but God remains the strength of my heart; He is mine forever.”


Thank You Father. Praise You. Use me. I love You. Amen.

(479 words ~ 8:10 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment