Sunday, September 19, 2021

Slowly I turn...

Sunday, September 19, 2021 (4:39 a.m.)


Holy, Holy, Holy Lord God Almighty Early in the morning our song shall rise to Thee♪

(5:49 a.m.)

Thank You Lord,


Time to sing. Search. Find. Read. Learn. Sit. Ponder. Consider. Wonder. Waste. Want. Meander. Rest.

(6:50 a.m.)

Yes Lord. Rest. Thank You. Praise You.


I’m confessing fear to You right now. Knowns. Unknowns. Sadness. Doubts. Unkindnesses.

(7:30 a.m.)

Slowly I turn. To You!


And here I smile. Finally. Hopefully. Knowingly. Trustingly. Thank You Father.


Before bed last night I knew I needed to laugh. Not just wanting, actually needing a whole hearted, deep down, tear inducing belly laugh.


Resting. Confessing. And You provided another song. ♪Our God is greater, our God is stronger God You are higher than any other Our God is Healer, awesome in power Our God, Our God…♪


There are verses singing of miracles. Your presence with us. Your greatness. Reminding me that You are always good. Glorious. And gracious.


Holy God, I can’t thank You enough. I want to live free of fear. I ask You to do all You must to this end. Fearful thoughts jumble in my head. YOU are the antidote. Always!


You reminded me earlier that “perfect love casts out all fear.” Wanting to learn more I begin with 1 John 4:18. From there I’m reading Deuteronomy 31:6, 8 and Psalm 118:6. And growing more hope filled with each verse.


Another reading teaches me to counter the liar in my thoughts with the Truth that is You. “God loves me!” Nothing Can Separate Us from God’s Love (Romans 8:31-39). Thank You Father.


Lord God, I want to trust You. Put all of my hope in You. Let’s go back up to the smile reference. And just like that, comes another song ♪Turn Around, Look At Me♪ When I’m going in the wrong direction, I must turn back to You.


The Message. “The people I love, I call to account - prod and correct and guide so that they’ll live at their best. Up on your feet, then! About face! Run after God!” (Revelation 3:19).


From here? The call to be strong in Your mighty power (Ephesians 6:10). To be alert and keep on praying (v. 18). Faithful, even unto death (Revelation 2:10). Earnest and repentant (Revelation 3:19).


Keep teaching me Lord. Reminding and loving me. Flawed and unworthy as I am. I need You. I want You.


“Slowly I turn. Step by step. Inch by inch…” Do all You must in bringing me back to Your right thinking Lord. Laughter and all.


I love You. Thank You. Praise You. Use me. Amen.

(452 words ~ 8:50 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment