Saturday, September 11, 2021

beauty and truth

 Saturday, September 11, 2021 (5:42 a.m.)

Holy God,


Thank You. Praise You. I was preparing for sadness. Yes. That’s often how I operate. Thinking if I am aware, it [in this case the 20th anniversary of a national disaster] is coming, I can somehow stave off its effects.


Thank You God, that You had other [better] plans for me. Yes! Like waking before 3 to look at Jeremiah 29:11. And the words soul, trust in Him of ♪It Is Well♪ by Bethel.


Finding them easily enough I was able to return to sleep. Upon reawakening I recalled a few unsettling dreams. And remembered what You showed me the other day in The Voice.


The very first line of Philippians 4:8. “Finally, brothers and sisters, fill your minds with beauty and truth. Yes! I get to choose what thoughts to nurture and grow.


Thank and praise You Lord. Immediately following the reminder to think of beauty and truth I was singing again. ♪This is the day… That the Lord has made… I will rejoice… And be glad [NOT sad] in it And be glad in it♪


Yes Father! This IS the day that You have made! Continue Your work in reminding me to choose to be glad, not sad.


I want to practice standing on Your whatevers today. Whatever is true, honorable, right, pure, lovely, admirable, excellent and worthy of praise (Philippians 4:8).


Yes Lord. Teach me. Remind me.


A comment (4:4-9) in The Life Recovery Bible says, “True happiness can be found in every situation of life when we recognize that God is at work and always in control. Because Christ is with us and His return is certain, we can act calmly in pain and difficulty.”


You didn’t bring us into this world to just abandon us with our circumstances. Thank You that You provide for our every single need.


“Peace and joy come when we focus on those things that provide lasting value to our life. The more we commit ourself to knowing God’s will through prayer and study of His Word, the better prepared we are to help ourself and others in the process of recovery.”


Oh yes, Blessed Father.


Illustrated Bible Handbook ends “A Plea for Perspective; 4:2-9” under the title Chapter 4. Joy in the Lord with more Truth. “In Christ we can put godly living into practice, and have the assurance that the God whose presence means inner peace will be with us (9).”


Thank You and praise You Lord! Keep reminding us that our joy is found in You! I want to think on the fine, good things. The beauty and Truth. Use me. Do all You must. I love You. Thank You. Praise You. Hallelujah! Amen.

(460 words ~ 6:58 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment