Sunday, September 12, 2021

mercy / judgment

 Sunday, September 12, 2021 (6:26 a.m.)

Holy God,


Thank You. Praise You.


You reminded me of many things yesterday. Most of all was the ease and importance of asking for help.


Father, I confess the tendency I have of keeping so much inside. Fears. Doubts. Negative thoughts. And judgments. Oh my yes Dear Lord.


And just like that? Another song! Thank You Father. Praise You!


Mercy triumphs over judgment♪ (James 2:13). Oh Blessed God, thank You that it does! Teach me more of Your Truth on this subject, Dearest Dad.


Line me up with Your teachings I ask. The Message verses 12-13. “Talk and act like a person expecting to be judged by the Rule that sets us free. For if you refuse to act kindly, you can hardly expect to be treated kindly. Kind mercy wins over harsh judgment every time.”


Most dear and blessed Lord God, I want my insides to match my outsides. I confess to working overtime to appear calm and at peace.


We have a little boy in our lives that calls me out on this every single time he sees it happen. I heard it referred to the other day as a baloney meter. Dear Lord, I am asking You to make me authentic.


Oh yes Blessed God. Just look at these words: genuine, real, bona fide, true… Do all You must in making me unquestionably kind. To myself, and others.


I love You Lord. I want to serve You well. Allowing You to lead that I will obediently follow. Sharing Your goodness and Your grace as I go. Looking for the fine good things in others on which I am to dwell (Philippians 4:8 The Living Bible).


Continue Your work of my readily putting into practice: rejoicing and being glad (Psalm 118:24). Loving and respecting (Ephesians 2:33; 1 Peter 2:17). Actively seeking beauty and Truth (Philippians 4:8). And now? Allowing mercy to triumph over judgment (James 2:13).


That is quite the repertoire, Lord! Empower and enable me to the daily practice of it all. I love You. I need You. I want You. And I thank You. Oh how deeply and sincerely do I thank You. Use me Father. Exactly as You alone know is best. Praise You. Amen.

(382 words ~ 8:21 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment