Saturday, February 27, 2021

so many gifts

 Saturday, February 27, 2021 (7:33 a.m.)

Holy God,


Thank You Lord. You have provided us with so very many gifts.


Yesterday was our wedding anniversary. An entire day spent at home together. Reminiscing.


Lord God, we are both fully aware that we are only still together because of You. Your Word. Your Truth. Your promises. Thank You Father. We are so incredibly grateful.


More than 45 years ago, long before I truly knew You, Your Holy Spirit led me to purchase a book [Total Woman] that completely changed the trajectory of my life. Prior to fully embracing the Truth I found in those pages I was becoming hell-bent on having things my way.


Lord, You used that book to open my eyes to another, better way. I could learn to accept, adapt, admire, and appreciate this man You had brought into my life. OR I could choose the path of demanding he change.


Thank You Father. Thank You for the women who have gone before me with insights and successes at happier, healthier marriages than those I knew first hand. You guided and directed my heart. You did this for us.


Two other books from which I’ve gleaned helpful understandings remain in our home library. What Shamu Taught Me About Life, Love, and Marriage, as well as The Surrendered Wife. Thanks Dad! They have proved invaluable.


Learning to practice these entirely contrary to popular beliefs allowed me to be ready to speak Your Truth in love (Ephesians 4:15) when necessary some 27 years ago. A decision that not only saved our marriage, but completely restructured it.


Thank and praise You Father! It’s only because of Your love for each of us that we not only survived that particular trial but learned to thrive through it instead.


Having practiced standing on Your Word prior to that great challenge is the only reason I was able to open my Bible instead of hurling it across the room, aiming directly at this dear husband’s head. Lord God, You knew Your plan (Jeremiah 29:11) and we have been supremely blessed with so many gifts from You these ensuing years.


Thank You for Your immediate prompting to turn and adhere to Ephesians 5:22. “You wives will submit to your husbands as you do to the Lord.” Key words being, “as you do to the Lord.”


Father, I confess to having prefaced that example of obedience with the words, “This goes against EVERYTHING I myself believe!” Lord God, You did the work in, with, by, through and for us that we were completely unable to do ourselves.


Having the opportunity to practice submitting again just last month, we were blessed once more by Your goodness and Your grace. With all the reminders of Your gifts to us, we are jointly thankful Lord.


Thank You for the years You have allowed us to learn and grow together. We love You Father. We are grateful. Use us as You alone know is best. Thank You. Praise You. Amen.

(505 words ~ 9:07 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment