Sunday, February 14, 2021

lots of love

 Sunday, February 14, 2021 (7:27 a.m.)

Blessed God,


Thank You that I got to wake up throughout the night knowing that I am surrounded by love. Lots of love. Mm, thank and praise You Lord. So much. So very much!


The Voice sent me to Colossians 4:2. “Pray, and keep praying. Be alert and thankful when you pray.”


And from here? The Apostle Paul’s “Encouragement for Prayer” (vs. 2-5). Oh that I will learn to “turn to God in prayer, [and] embrace the power sufficient to meet all our needs in recovery” (4:2-3 The Life Recovery Bible comment).


Reading a section in The Voice concerning family life I get to learn how “family life has changed since Paul’s day.” Holy God, how I thank You for the people You have used throughout the world to teach us.


Having addressed “the family” back then as: a husband, wife, lots of children, servants, grandparents, aunts, uncles, and others. In Paul’s urging, “Each member is to be responsible to the whole, and love and respect are to serve as the guiding principles within family relationships.”


Oh, most dear and Blessed God, I can’t even begin to thank You enough for the love You have presented in my life. How I ask (Matthew 7:7) You to continue Your work in, with, by, through and for me that I would learn to love as You would have me.


This short discourse in The Voice goes on to tell us “Paul and Peter both use the term ‘submission’ within family and church relationships as a description of order and support.” The more I read Lord, the greater grows my desire to live and love as You designed us.


Do all You must, as only You know is best, that I willingly share all the love You have provided. I love You and want so much to love You better. Use me Lord. Shrouded, protected and openly sharing Your love.


Thank You. Praise You. Amen.

(342 words ~ 8:50 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment