Thursday, February 11, 2021

life giving choices

 Thursday, February 11, 2021 (7:29 a.m.)

Blessed God,


I am giving You the rule of this day. Originally thinking it “my day” I quickly realized this day belongs to You.


It IS the day that You have made. I WILL rejoice and be glad in it (Psalm 118:24).


It’s a choice. Like everything else You present to us. Good. Evil. Obedience. Disobedience. Blessings. Curses. In. Out. Coming. Going. Life. Death.


And here I turn to Deuteronomy. “Moses’ Third Sermon: Chapters 29-30. A Call to Commitment… It is not difficult to find the way to blessing. All Israel [“Ruled by God”] need do is to love God, to listen to His voice, and to cling only to Him (20)” (Illustrated Bible Handbook).


As I consider the myriad of choices we encounter every single day I am grateful to You Dearest Dad. At any given time we “can choose to set our heart in the direction of life. We can choose to love God and begin to follow His program” (The Life Recovery Bible Free to Choose Deuteronomy 30:15-20).

(9:34 a.m.)


Thank You Lord. Thank You that we get to choose where and on what to spend the time You allot us. Which direction we shall steer our thinking.


I confess, this morning my thinking was leading me down that deep, long spiral of comparing myself with others. Knowing that Your Word speaks out against that very thing (Galatians 6:4) I began telling You the struggle I have in this area.


Without skipping a beat, You brought ♪The Battle Belong to the Lord♪ to mind. Thank You Father. Thank You for the tender, perfect ways You care for us.


♪In heavenly armor we’ll enter the land the battle belongs to the Lord! No weapon that’s fashioned against us will stand The battle belongs to the Lord♪ Oh, praise and thank You Father.


Taken from 2 Chronicles 20:15 and Your words to Jehoshaphat, “This is what the LORD says: Do not be afraid! Don’t be discouraged by this mighty army, for the battle is not yours, but God’s.”


My job here is to glorify and enjoy You forever. It is only in, with, by, through and for You that I stand any chance of meeting that goal. Do all You must to this end Dearest Lord. ♪In my life [my heart, this day] be glorified, be glorified… today♪


Father, I love You. And I long to serve You as You so rightly deserve. ♪Have Thine Own Way, Lord! Have Thine own way! Thou art the Potter, I am the clay. Mold me and make me after Thy will, While I am waiting, yielded and still♪


Yes Lord. Do all You must. I love You. I need You. I want You. And I choose You. Over all. Thank You. Praise You. Amen.


(473 words ~ 10:18 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment