Thursday, February 4, 2021

diligence

 Thursday, February 4, 2020 (5:49 a.m.)

Sweet, Blessed, Holy God,


Talk with me about diligence this morning, won’t You?

(6:28 a.m.)


Mm, yes. And talk You do. Thank You Father. Now I ask You to lead me in Your Word where You would have me go.


Proverbs 4:23 it is! (And 12:24-28 to boot)


Oh most dear and Holy Three-In-One. This is where I confess my desire to be diligent and my own inability to meet that goal.


My mind is currently a battleground of “I can’t. God can. LET Him!” Again and again I return to singing ♪The Battle Belongs to the Lord♪ (2 Chronicles 20:15).


I absolutely find my hope in You Dearest God. Take control of my thinking. My wanting. My planning. Yes. Funnel me instead to making them YOUR thoughts, wants and plans for this day.


Free me to following You exactly as You know is best. I get so easily side tracked. Keep my focus on You and the path You have laid out for me.


♪I love You Lord And I lift my voice To worship You Oh my Soul REJOICE! Take joy my King in what You hear May it be a sweet, sweet sound in Your ear♪ Mm… Yes!


Psalm 31:23, 24. “Love GOD, all you saints; GOD takes care of all who stay close to Him, But He pays back in full those arrogant enough to go it alone. Be brave. Be strong. Don’t give up. Expect GOD to get here soon” (The Message).


This I ask of You most loving, kind and faithful Father. I, myself, am not diligent. You are capable of all things. Philippians 4:13 reminds me that “I can do everything God asks me to with the help of Christ who gives me strength and power.”


Thank You Lord! I need You. In every single decision I want to make this day. Every little step I’m willing to take. I’m asking You to release me from the fog and the fear that has kept me bound these past many weeks and months.


I want to soar! Not cower. ♪Strength Will Rise as we wait upon the Lord We will wait upon the Lord… Our God, You reign forever Our hope, our Strong Deliverer You are the Everlasting God… You do not faint You won’t grow weary…♪


All these words and songs bring me to Isaiah 40:27-31. Hoping in and standing firmly on Your Truth and promises.


Oh most dear and blessed, holy God guide and direct me this day. Every single moment of it.


“O Israel (‘Ruled by God’), how can you say the LORD does not see your troubles? How can you say God refuses to hear your case? Have you never heard or understood? Don’t you know that the LORD is the everlasting God, the Creator of all the earth? He never grows faint or weary. No one can measure the depths of His understanding. He gives power to those who are tired and worn out; He offers strength to the weak.”


Is this reading like anyone we know?


“Even youths will become exhausted, and young men will give up. But those who wait on the LORD will find new strength. They will fly high on wings like eagles. They will run and not grow weary. They will walk and not faint.”


Seems like diligence to me Dear Lord!


I need, want and am asking (Matthew 7:7) for the strength of Your mighty power (Ephesians 6:10). I love You. I want You. I praise, thank and worship You.


Do all You must in using me exactly as You know is best this day. To Your good and to Your glory


Thank You. Praise You. Amen.

(632 words ~ 7:57 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment