Wednesday, February 24, 2021

having fun

Tuesday, February 23, 2021 (7:15 a.m.)

Holy God,


I just woke up thinking about having fun. Tell me more about this please.


Mm, yes Father. Guide me in Your Word to learning more about the freedom we find in ‘humbly aligning ourselves with Your authority’ (Illustrated Bible Handbook James 4:6-7a). That same freedom that points the way to truly enjoying You.


Reading a web page titled “Are Christians Supposed to Have Fun?” provides me insight. Thank You Father.

(8:50 a.m.)


Thank You for Your Truth. Thank You for Your love. Thank You for people who love You. And teach me.


Lord God, I want to have fun with You. Fun that You approve. Fun in which You delight.


The contented smile on my face and heart seems to settle and get bigger simultaneously. I read of fun killers being fear, discontentment, and anger. Oh Lord, keep teaching me.


Reading further I learn that “fun, like everything else we do, grows” out of our hearts. We are reminded that we are to bring glory to You in everything we do.


Because Jesus came to set us free, we get to “laugh loudly as well as enjoy deep and intimate fellowship” with You and others. Father thank You.


Thank You that because Jesus is the source of power in our lives we are able to follow Paul’s words to the believers at Colosse. “Whatever you do, do it enthusiastically [wholeheartedly, gladly, willingly] as something done for the Lord and not for men” (Colossians 3:23).


Yes Lord. Let me live this day for You. Having fun in the process. As a sign of worship, respect and obedience for who and all You are.


I love You Lord. I long to glorify and enjoy You forever. Starting now. Use me. Thank You. Praise You. Amen.

(305 words ~ 9:22 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment