Wednesday, February 3, 2021

"great things"

 Wednesday, February 3, 2021 (6:10 a.m.)

Holy God,


I love You. I thank You. Work in [with, by, through, for] me this day, won’t You?


I’m looking to You for the joyful laughter that reminds me of Your goodness. Your grace. Your love. And forgiveness.


I went seeking in Your Word to find mention of joyful laughter. As I read I found Psalm 126:2 (Amplified Bible). “Then our mouth was filled with laughter And our tongue with joyful shouting; Then they said among the nations, ‘The LORD has done great things for them.’”


Taking this verse to the various translations, two words stuck out to me. “Great things.”

(10:29 a.m.)


Indeed! You continue doing “great things.” Thank You Father.


Your deliverance from circumstances that keep us bound and captive truly fills Your people with laughter and joy (Illustrated Bible Handbook). It is on these great [read also: spectacular, amazing, wonderful, remarkable, miraculous] things I long to focus this day Lord.


You know Your best for each and every single one of us. Do all You must that we rise to the challenges we are sure to encounter. Ultimately considering them “great things.”


I love You Lord. I long to worship and adore You. Glorify and enjoy You. Love and follow You. Fully.


Thank You Father. Use me exactly as You wish. Tears turning to joy (v.5). Weeping to laughter (6). Thank You. Praise You. I love You. Amen.


(233 words ~ 10:46 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment