Wednesday, February 17, 2021

created to create

 Wednesday, February 17, 2021 (7:34 a.m.)

Blessed, Holy God,


Here’s a thought I’ve never had before. Let me ask You Your take on my findings. Are we created to be creative? Some quick searches tell me so.


(8:21 a.m.)


Reading Your Word, I am asking You to do a mighty work in me these next 40 days of Lent. Two different Bible Verses (Genesis 1:27; Romans 12:2) in The Life Recovery Bible each have a devotional entitled Self-Perception following them.


Father, I’m asking (Matthew 7:7) You to continue Your work in, with, by, through and for me that I will truly come to live each day as You would have me. Creatively. Grinning. Giggling. Loving. Sharing.


Oh most dear and amazing Father, You just keep filling me with Your Truth! How I ask You to keep working in me that I will truly use it all for Your good and Your glory!


Illustrated Bible Handbook has a THEOLOGY IN BRIEF directly related to Genesis 1:20-31 (days five and six) that teaches about Human Nature: Man in the Image of God. Lord, use imperfect me as You so perfectly created.


You alone know Your best for each of us. Quoting the Apostle Paul’s words to Your church in Rome I ask You to make them true in me.


“Beloved friends, what should be our proper response to God’s marvelous mercies? I encourage you to surrender yourselves to God to be His sacred, living sacrifices. And live in holiness, experiencing all that delights His heart. For this becomes your genuine expression of worship” (Romans 12:1 The Passion Translation).


Mm, yes Blessed God! Make these next “40 Days of Renewal” accomplish exactly that. Do all You must.


I long to “Stop imitating the ideals and opinions of the culture around [me], but be inwardly transformed by the Holy Spirit through a total reformation of how [I] think. This will empower [me] to discern [Your] will as [I] live a beautiful life, satisfying and perfect in [Your] eyes ”(v.2).


Yes Lord. Do all You must. I love You. I trust You. I need You. I want You. And I thank and praise You for all that is to come. Yes Lord. How I thank and praise You!


Melt me. Mold me. Use me. Exactly as You have planned. I love You. Thank You. Amen.

(402 words ~ 9:06 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment