Tuesday, February 2, 2021

Psalm 130

 Tuesday, February 2, 2021 (5:41 a.m.)

Holy God, 


Again I thank You. I woke up thinking. Then singing. ♪Joyful, Joyful, We Adore Thee♪

(7:26 a.m.)


Hmm… Thinking. Singing. Thanking. Praising. It all comes back to You.


And then it all jumbles together again.


Holy God, I have songs mixing together with Bible verses. Random thoughts join in. It’s a veritable smorgasbord in my head.


Again I say “Thank You Lord.” Thank You that I get to bring it all to You. None of it has to make any sense to me. You have all the power to right my thinking. Thank You. Praise You.


You provide us the privilege of coming before You. Asking. Seeking. Knocking (Matthew 7:7). Truly wanting more of all You have to offer. Forgiveness. Redemption. Salvation. Eternity.


Father God, it seems that every word I offer You comes with a different melody from yet another song. It gets so busy in my head with my brain going is so many directions all at one time.


Thank You that with so many places to turn in Your Word this morning I settle on Psalm 130. Here in the Contemporary English Version.


(A song for worship.) [Imagine that! Another song!] Trusting the LORD in Times of Trouble From a sea of troubles I call out to You, LORD. Won’t You please listen as I beg for mercy? If You kept records of our sins, no one could last long. But You forgive us, and so we will worship You” (vs. 1-4).


Yes! We will worship You!


“With all my heart, I am waiting, LORD, for You! I trust Your promises [I really do Dear Lord!] I wait for You more eagerly than a soldier on guard duty waits for the dawn [Do I? The psalmist answers my question!] Yes, I wait more eagerly than a soldier on guard duty waits for the dawn” (5-6).


Oh most Dear and Blessed God, right here is where I stop to confess to You again. I get tired in my waiting. I want You yesterday!


“Israel, trust the LORD! He is always merciful, and He has the power to save you” (v. 7) Oh praise You. Yes, praise You Lord!


“Israel, the LORD will save you from all of your sins” (8). Oh praise and thank You Lord. We are not worthy. Yet You forgive and redeem us.


My first thoughts this morning were of adoring, confessing, thanking and supplicating [The ACTS of Prayer”] on a regular basis. Teach me how Blessed Lord.


Yes! Teach that I will learn. Lead that I will follow. Refine me into all You would have me be.


I love You. I want You. I need You. And oh how I thank and praise You. Do all You must in, with, by, through and for me to Your good and to Your glory.


Thank You. Praise You. I love You. Amen.

(490 words ~ 8:51 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment