Friday, February 5, 2021

emotions

 Friday, February 5, 2021 (7:05 a.m.)

Blessed, Holy God,


There was a LOT of emotion for me yesterday. All week actually.


Oh look! Here I am. Described in Your Word again. Proverbs 29:11. My question to You is, which do You consider me?


Choosing to quote The Voice I’m asking You to examine my findings. “A fool does not think before he unleashes his temper, but a wise man holds back and remains quiet.”


Dearest God, the deep breaths I continue taking betray my inner turmoil. I am holding back. Examining and mulling over my thoughts and feelings. Biting my tongue and keeping in my anger.


Holy God, this is where I confess to feeling so very near the proverbial edge that I risk going right over. My thinking is I may have held it all in too long. I ask (Matthew 7:7) You Lord to provide me the safe [and sane!] release You know I need.


A genuine praise I offer to You at this time is the fact that right in the very moment of upheaval I truly did care more about my friend’s emotions than I did my own. While I knew I had to abruptly leave the conversation, I did not want to hurt her in the process.


While I didn’t exactly lay my life down for my friend (John 15:13) I did lay down every single desire to hurt and maim with my words (Proverbs 18:21). Knowing I had to end the dialogue, I began with “I love you.”


That’s You at work in me Lord. Names of God Bible tells us, “A fool expresses all his emotions, but a wise person controls them.” You are teaching me to be careful and caring. Some lessons are easier than others.


So I’m here. Asking You to be fully in charge of all of my emotions this day. They are raw. And I desire to be Your example of a wise person. Not the fool that emerges from me so much more often of late.


I love You. I need You. I want You. And I ask You Lord. Do all You must in, with, by, through and for me that I will live this day to Your good and to Your glory. Be glorified Dear Lord. Amen.

(384 words ~ 8:19 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment