Saturday, February 13, 2021

"Living in God's Love"

 Saturday, February 13, 2021 (6:44 a.m.)

Holy God,


I love You. Thank You for the ease with which we get to say that to You.


(7:23 a.m.)


Thank You that we get to turn to Your Word to learn how You would have us live in Your love. Amazing!


Living in God’s Love Be imitators of God in everything you do, for then you will represent your Father as His beloved sons and daughters. And continue to walk surrendered to the extravagant love of Christ, for He surrendered His life as a sacrifice for us. His great love for us was pleasing to God, like an aroma of adoration - a sweet healing fragrance” (Ephesians 5:1-2. The Passion Translation).


Mm. Most Holy God. Just reading these words, I feel settled. Hopeful. Prayerful. Asking (Matthew 7:7) that we would truly learn to live and walk in Your love.


Reading The Life Recovery Bible comment for verses 4:31-32, I get to be reminded that we are to commit ‘to knowing You better through prayer and meditation on Your Word.’ What a true and genuine blessing You are to Your children. Thank You Lord.


Be Imitators of God Therefore become imitators of God [copy Him and follow His example], as well-beloved children [imitate their father];and walk continually in love [that is, value one another - practice empathy and compassion, unselfishly seeking the best for others], just as Christ also loved you and gave Himself up for us, an offering and sacrifice to God [slain for you, so that it became] a sweet fragrance” (Amplified Bible).


Again, I say “Mm” as I ponder what it would be like to truly copy You and follow Your example. Work in me this day to that end. I want to love like You. Becoming a sweet fragrance.


♪Yes, Lord, yes! To Your will and to Your way. Yes, Lord, yes! I will trust You and obey. When Your Spirit speaks to me, With my whole heart I’ll agree And my answer will be yes, Lord yes!♪


Do all You must Dearest Lord that I will take to heart and follow along as The Message directs. ’Wake Up from Your Sleep Watch what God does, and then do it, like children who learn from their parents. Mostly what God does is love you. Keep company with Him and learn a life of love. Observe how Christ loved us. His love was not cautious but extravagant. He didn’t love in order to get something from us but to give everything of Himself to us. Love like that.”


Mm, yes! I want to love like that! Do all You must to use me as You alone know is best. Thank You. Praise You. I love You. Amen.


(470 words ~ 8:17 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment