Friday, February 19, 2021

worthy of love and praise

 Thursday, February 18, 2021 (6:24 a.m.)

Blessed, Holy God,


Thank You! Praise You.

Friday, February 19, 2021 (6:42 a.m.)

And I’m back.


I left here yesterday with every intention of quickly returning. First there was this, then that, and always something else.


I didn’t forget. I chose other things. That doesn’t sound good at all does it?


Forgive me Father. It’s always better when I put time with You first. And stay here. Undistracted.


Dearest God and Father, I love You. You are indeed WORTHY OF LOVE AND PRAISE. That’s a phrase I just read in The Celebration Hymnal SONGS AND HYMNS FOR WORSHIP.

(7:53 a.m.)


Reading in and of Your Word Dearest Lord, I confess to my thoughts being scrambled. Distracted. Attention is scattered. All over the place really.


Father, I want to know You more. And I ask You to take hold of my heart, soul, mind and strength right now.


Back to an earlier statement. It led me to straight to singing. ♪I Love You, Lord, and I lift my voice To worship You, O my soul rejoice! Take joy, my King, in what You hear: May it be a sweet, sweet sound in Your ear♪


It’s so true Lord. I DO love You!


Finding this song in the hymnal was exciting for me. Reading the referenced verse (Psalm 18:1) leads me to wanting to know so much more. 


The eagerness with which I am filled at this moment is exactly what I was asking. Lord God, I love when You make me truly agog with You. Thank You Father.


The Passion Translation reads, “Lord, I passionately love You and I’m bonded to You, for now You’ve become my power!” You are Lord! 


You are so very “worthy of love and praise.” Teach me how to love and praise You as You so rightly deserve.


A footnote for this verse says, “David doesn’t employ the common Hebrew word for ‘love,’ ‘ahav, but instead uses the Hebrew word for ‘pity’ or ‘mercy.’ How could David have mercy for God? The word he uses, raham, is the word used for a mother who loves and pities her child so much it manifests with a deep love and emotional bond.”


Lord God, this is the kind of excitement I’m talking about!


“This concept, although difficult to convey in English, carries the thought of embrace and touch. It could actually be translated ‘Lord, I want to hug You.’ Haven’t you ever felt like that?”


Yes! Right at this very moment. My guard is down. My desire is up. Oh how I want to hug You!


Thank You for being our personable, approachable God. So worthy of our love and praise.


Teach me Father. Use me. Bless me. Keep me. Do all You must that I truly come to glorify and enjoy You forever.


Thank You. Praise You. Worship and adore You. “I love You, GOD- You make me strong” (The Message). You do! I'm grateful. Amen.


(498 words ~ 8:59 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment