Sunday, February 21, 2021

And...

Sunday, February 21, 2021 (6:00 a.m.)

Good morning Holy God,


Thank You for rest. And hope. And warmth. And fun. And… The list is endless.


Mm, yes Blessed God. There is always something else for which to give You thanks.


Thank You for such ready access to Your Word Dear Lord. This morning I ask You to guide me to the readings You have for me.


Matthew 15:28 it is! Reading [studying, examining, comparing] this one verse in various translations has me wanting it to be true of me all the more.


A Canaanite [Gentile] woman is boldly and courageously speaking to Jesus on her daughter’s behalf (vs. 22-27). The racism of that time did not deter her from desperately “seeking an end to her family’s torment” (The Life Recovery Bible devotional Faith).


Oh most dear and blessed God, I long to have faith and determination like her. To have Jesus say to me, “‘Woman, your faith [your personal trust and confidence in My power] is great; it will be done for you as you wish.’ And her daughter was healed from that moment” (Amplified Bible).


Blessed, blessed God, You know the needs of our family and loved ones. This “person of great trust” (Complete Jewish Bible) is such a wonderful example of not giving up.


“She believed God was the only one who could help her, and she would not be deterred” (TLR devotion). Oh the faith!


Continue Your work in me Blessed God. Do all You must. I want to trust and believe with the dogged determination she had.


I love You Lord. Use me as You know is best. Thank You. Praise You. Amen.

(279 words ~ 7:56 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment