Wednesday, February 10, 2021

"The Family of God"

 Wednesday, February 10, 2021 (7:40 a.m.)

Holy God,


Talk with me, won’t You?


So often I come to You with something. An idea. A glimpse. A bit of direction. That is not the case this morning.


Let me start with thanking and praising.

(8:12 a.m.)


Mm, yes. Thanking and praising led to singing and smiling. And ultimately to scouring and reading. Yes Lord. I am here in Your Word (Ephesians 3:18) feeling settled. And blessed.


Reading in The Hymnal for Worship & Celebration [♪O the Deep, Deep Love of Jesus♪] I am drawn to words of adoration. Grace. Love. Mercy. Lord God, how I thank You for leading and guiding us to You.


While the apostle Paul prayed for the spiritual empowering of the believers in Ephesus, he sited “the wisdom and scope” of Your plan (Ephesians 3:14). Falling to his knees and praying to “the Father of the Lord Jesus Christ, the Creator of everything in heaven and on earth” (v. 15) I somehow feel included in this blanket of blessing.


“I pray that from His glorious, unlimited resources He will give you mighty inner strength through His Holy Spirit. And I pray that Christ will be more and more at home in your hearts as you trust in Him. May your roots go down into the soil of God’s marvelous love” (vs. 16-17).


Oh that’s what this sense of inclusion is! I AM one of Yours. This section reminds me once again that I am a member of The Family of God (Illustrated Bible Handbook). Thank You Lord. Praise You Father.


“And may you have the power to understand, as all God’s people should, how wide, how long, how high, and how deep His love really is. May you experience the love of Christ, though it is so great you will never fully understand it. Then you will be filled with the fullness of life and power that comes from God” (18-19).


Mm, deep love. Fullness of life and power. Yes Lord. I long to experience these this day.


“Now glory be to God! By His mighty power at work within us, He is able to accomplish infinitely more than we would ever dare to ask or hope. May He be given glory in the church and in Christ Jesus forever and ever through endless ages. Amen” (20-21).


Oh Dearest Lord, how truly I thank and praise You for including me in Your family. Use me exactly as You know is best this day. To Your good. And to Your glory.


I love You. I thank You. I need You. I want You. And I ask You Dear Lord. How I ask that I be a blessing to Your family. Thank You. Praise You. Amen.

(463 words ~ 9:03 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment