Sunday, February 7, 2021

intent

 Sunday, February 7, 2021 (6:56 a.m.)

Blessed Holy God,


I love You. I thank You.


♪This is the day… that the Lord has made… I will rejoice… and be glad in it♪ (Psalm 118:24). This is the intent with which I awoke.


Dearest God, I thank You for all the thoughts that scramble around in my mind. Each wanting to be first in line. I’ve already had a few come and go just as quickly as they started.


So I turn to You. Asking. Seeking. Knocking (Matthew 7:7). Lead me Father. Exactly where You’d have me go.


“THIS is the day…” Even as I turn to Your Word, other lines scream out to me.


The Passion Translation. Verses 23-25. “The LORD Himself is the One who has done this [use the discarded stone as the most important], and it’s so amazing, so marvelous to see! This is the very day of the Lord that brings gladness and joy, filling our hearts with glee. O God, please come and save us again; bring us Your breakthrough-victory!”


Mm, yes Dear Lord! “Please come and save us again!”


The Life Recovery Bible comment for verses 22-25 tells us, “God’s ways are not the same as our ways. What people may cast aside as unfit for use, God uses to do awe-inspiring work…” Oh Lord, it is so true. We don’t now Your plans for us.


“…God often uses the most unlikely people to work His greatest miracles, proving to the world that He is at work. As willing vessels of God’s power, we can be transformed to impact others far beyond our wildest dreams. To do this, we must entrust our life to God.”


Let that be my intent this day Dearest Lord. To fully entrust my life to You. I know You to be good. I ask to be empowered to represent You well.


I love You. I need You. I want You. So I ask You to do all You must in, with, by, through and for me to Your good and to Your glory. Thank You Father. Praise You. “This IS the day…!!!” Use me. Amen.

(363 words ~ 8:13 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment