Monday, February 15, 2021

changed thinking

 Monday, February 15, 2021 (6:28 a.m.)

Holy God,


You “changed my whole way of thinking” yesterday. That’s another one of those things my mom used to always say. Thank You Father for the people, places and things You put into our lives.

(7:09 a.m.)


Lord God, You know my heart. My soul. My mind. My strength. You know the thoughts concerning others that keep me from fully loving them. And ultimately You in the process.


I saw You work yesterday. When You absolutely did for me what I have been completely unable to do for myself for a number of years.


You changed my way of thinking about two others. Holy God, I have been unsuccessful in trying to see two particular ladies differently. Without asking, dreading, attempting, any effort on my part at all, You just completely intervened on my behalf. And Father I am truly grateful.


You did this in me Lord. Just one look yesterday. That’s honestly all it took for me to “see” a completely different person standing before me.


I confess to You the bitterness You have seen in me all these years. And I thank and praise you for the freeing work You did in changing my entire attitude. [Cue Chris Tomlin’s lyrics]


♪My chains are gone I’ve been set free My God, my Savior has ransomed me And like a flood His mercy reigns Unending love, amazing grace♪


Oh most Dear and Blessed God how deeply and sincerely I thank You. This is truly a perfect example of mercy and grace in Christ’s abiding love if I’ve ever seen it.


One moment I’m reading of Your grace, mercy, peace, Truth and love (2 John 1:3) and the next I’m turning to Ephesians 3:20. “Now glory be to God! By His mighty power at work within us, He is able to accomplish infinitely more than we would ever dare to ask or hope.”


You did exactly that Blessed God. You worked so deeply within my twisted self that I absolutely experienced Your “Truth that lives in us and will be in our hearts forever (2 John 1:2).


Thank You Father. Praise You. Use me this day exactly as You know is best. I love You. Amen.

(378 words ~ 8:10 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment