Monday, January 4, 2021

fifth day of Christmas ~ 12/29/20

 Tuesday, December 29, 2020 (6:34 a.m.)

Lake Arrowhead, CA

Holy God,


It’s the fifth day of Christmas and my thoughts are all over the place.


I knowingly, albeit reluctantly, broke a regulation yesterday. “Rule follower” is a label I gave myself years ago. It so readily describes my willingness to do what I’m told. For the most part.


Today I struggle within myself. So many conflicting thoughts. I come to You. Asking again (Matthew 7:7) that You will right my thinking. Guide me though these incriminating thoughts.


I love You Lord. It is You I long to follow. Hmmm… “Jesus follower”, “Christ follower” have much better rings to them.


And a smile comes right here as I relate the rings to the ♪Five golden…♪ of which the song sings. Have Your way with me this day Dearest God. Changing all that You would have be different in and with me.


Blessed God, how I thank and praise You for the ways You provide peace for our souls. I confess and You give Truth. Hope. Promises. And a brand new to me song directly related to Psalm 20:7-8. ♪Oh, I Won’t Put My Trust In Chariots and Horses♪


Father God, continue Your leading that I would follow as You know is best. Illustrated Bible Handbook describes Psalm 20 as “A public prayer for Israel’s leader (1-5), expressing trust in the Lord rather than military power (6-9).”


Thank You Lord. Thank You for reminding me where it is I am to put my hope. Quoting The Life Recovery Bible’s comment for “20:4-9 God is more than able to give us our greatest desires - even recovery from the consequences of our past mistakes (Ephesians 3:20). Unlike those who trust in their own power to overcome their problems, we can place our trust in God. As a result, we have hope in the future because God will help us when we call out to Him.”


Oh, amen. Amen! You do!


Turning over to the Ephesian reference, my heart settles even more. “Now glory be to God! By His mighty power at work within us, He is able to accomplish infinitely more than we would ever dare to ask or hope.” Yes. Yes. Yes. Continue Your work in me Blessed God.


How perfect You are Dearest Lord! I get to follow Your lead in the most unexpected places. 


Illustrated Bible Handbook. Ephesians. “God’s Work Within; 3:20,21. Living and loving each other as family is our heritage in Christ. But it is only possible because God is able to do immeasurably more than we can imagine, ‘according to His power that is at work within us.’”


Circle of Hope website, “Suggestions for action - Pray: Guide me on the difficult path of discernment and trust… and ask the Lord to show you what you actually trust. It might be the fear-led defenses that protect you from experiencing lack of trust! It may be some substitute for God that promises safety in a troubling world. It may be yourself, ‘Who or what do you actually trust?’ is a basic question we all need to answer, right?”


Isn’t this exactly what I have been confessing to You here of late? My tendency to fear and be afraid. Do all You must Blessed God. Continue Your work in making me strong in Your mighty power (Ephesians 6:10).


I love You Lord. I long to serve You. And I ask all these things in Jesus’ precious name. Amen.

(594 words ~ 8:00 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment