Monday, January 4, 2021

good and generous God ~ 12/31/20

 Thursday, December 31, 2020 (7:40 a.m.)

Lake Arrowhead, CA

Holy, Blessed God,


How I thank You Lord! You are such a good and generous God. You provide. You do not abandon.


David Jeremiah tells us, “By nature, He longs to bring joy and blessings to all His creatures.” I like the sound of that. And the Truth behind it! He lists 23 verses pointing us “to the goodness of our God and what it means for our lives.”


A song from earlier begins again. ♪Our God is an awesome God He reigns from heaven above With wisdom, power and love Our God is an awesome God♪ Oh, how I thank You Lord.


Without any one of those three [Your wisdom, power and love] we would be lost. Adrift. Unsteady. Unsure.


Instead, we get to trust [cue another song!] ♪In Christ Alone♪ Thank You Lord for the ease of finding video that links Your Truth with powerful music and beautiful nature scenes. Thank You that You ARE where our hope is found!


It is to Your goodness I turn. And on Your generosity I depend. A comment for Psalm 27:11-14 (The Life Recovery Bible) tells us, “… Apart from Him [You] we have no power against the things that once put us in bondage. We must determine, one day at a time, to follow God, patiently and confidently waiting for Him to protect and lead us.”


Mm, yes Father! Verse 14, “Wait patiently for the LORD. Be brave and courageous. Yes, wait patiently for the LORD.” Continue Your good and generous work in me Most Blessed God.

(12:12 p.m.)


As I return to actively thanking Your goodness, I turn to Psalm 119:68. Presented in many translations as, “You are good, and do good; teach me Your statutes.” Words also used are: laws, commands, demands [ordinances; requirements], orders, decrees, what You require.


Thank You Lord for the people who work diligently to present Your Truth in words we understand. The Living Bible, “You are good and do only good; make me follow Your lead.” Oh that we would Blessed God.


The Message. “You are good, and the source of good; train me in Your goodness.” Short. Sweet. To the point.


It’s The Passion Translation that has my full attention. “Everything You do is beautiful, flowing from Your goodness; teach me the power of Your wonderful words!”


You are good. You provide. You are generous. And even Your words have power. Teach me to live bravely and courageously in the power of Your wonderful words!


I love You. I need and want You. Use me as You alone know is best. Praise and thank You. Amen.

(453 words ~ 12:47 p.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment