Tuesday, January 26, 2021

another shot

 Saturday, January 23, 2021 (6:26 a.m.)

Holy God,


Waking up easily enough. Thank You Lord.


Thank You for every opportunity You have for me today. Another shot at being all You would have me be. What a humbling thought. All You would have me be. Hmmm…


Yes. Hmmm…


What would I look like if I were all You created me to be?


Loving. Kind. Patient. Never jealous or envious. Never boastful or proud, never haughty [arrogant, snobbish] or selfish or rude. Not demanding my own way. Not being irritable or touchy. Not holding grudges and keeping no record of having been wronged. (1 Corinthians 13:4-7 The Living Bible).


I stop here because I struggle greatly with verse five. I confess to wanting my own way; being irritable and resentful.


Lord God, I read the various translations and see myself so clearly. Rageful. Bearing grudges. 


Thank You for drawing me into Your Word. Shining Your bright light on my darkness. All these different ways of saying, “Love does not do things that are not nice. Love does not think just of itself. Love does not get angry. Love holds no wrong feelings in the heart” (v. 5 Worldwide English).


Again and again I say “Thank You Father.” Thank You for teaching me. Thank You for forgiving me. Thank You for leading us and guiding us. Thank You for Your Word of Truth which gives us hope.


I get to read of David’s trust in You when facing Goliath. He knew that he knew that he knew that the battle is Yours (1 Samuel 17:47). Thank You for His faith Father. And his example.


Reading Your Truth according to Peter (1 Peter 4:8) I am finding such hope and affirmation.

(9:53 a.m.)


And may I say again, “Thank You Father!” Thank You that this letter was written to hurting people “to show us how to live well in a shattered and hopeless world” (THE BOTTOM LINE The Life Recovery Bible).


This from Illustrated Bible HandbookThe Truly Moral Life; 4:7-11. Peter has argued that morality is choosing to do the will of God. What kind of life is God’s will for us? With our minds cleared of confusion and armed with self-control, we are to choose to love each other deeply (8)…”


Here in Expanded Bible, “Most importantly, love each other deeply [earnestly], because love will cause people to forgive each other for many sins [covers a multitude of sins; Prov.10:12; Luke 7:46-47].” Do all You must that I will choose to learn to love as You designed.


I say I love You yet here I am asking for another shot at loving You better. It is only in YOUR strength and power that this can be achieved. It’s up to me to choose to surrender all to You. My wants. My needs. Everything. Yes. Do all You must Blessed God. Praise You. I love You. Amen.


(499 words ~ 10:13 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment