Friday, January 15, 2021

even though

 Friday, January 15, 2020 (5:35 a.m.)


♪How Great Is Our God♪ has been singing to me most of the night and I felt comforted. Safe. Able to sleep. Thank and praise You Father.


I had pain. Aches. Hurt. Discomfort. The intentional breathing practices didn’t help as much as usual. Oh, but the singing did. Thanks Dad.


Yes. Thank You for Your presence. Thank You for the hope we have in You. Thank You for the smile You just provided.


Humming again of how great You are and the next moment I’m researching two more songs. The BeeGee’s ♪How Deep Is Your Love♪ and Olivia Newton-John’s ♪Suddenly♪ You are singing deep within my heart and soul. Thank You Lord.


Thank You that even though I often think I’m taking too far of a stretch, Your Word speaks [sings] out Your Truth to me.


Psalm 119:54. “Your principles have been the music of my life throughout the years of my pilgrimage.”


Psalm 42:8. “Through each day the LORD pours His unfailing love upon me, and through each night I sing His songs, praying to God who gives me life.”


Lord God, I am asking You to lead and guide me this day. In Your Word. And in my thoughts and actions.


You alone are good. Trustworthy. Truth and goodness.


I have a mountain of clutter surrounding me. Your Word (Mark 11:23) has Jesus telling His disciples that they can say to a mountain, “May God lift you up and throw you into the sea” and their command would be obeyed. I’m asking this mountain be sorted, lifted and gently placed in appropriate boxes.


Father God, I love You. I appreciate getting to come before You with all the thoughts in my head and heart.


With every fear of failure or point of indecision, Your Word calls [and sings] out Your Truth. “… the LORD your God has arrived to live among you. He is a Mighty Savior. He will rejoice over you with great gladness. With His love, He will calm all your fears. He will exult over you by singing a happy song” (Zephaniah 3:17).


Even though my thoughts may scatter my resolve, Your Truth sings Your love and hope to me in so many ways. I love You Lord. Do all You know is best this day. Thank You. Praise You. Amen.

(398 words ~ 7:05 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment