Saturday, January 16, 2021

news of the world

 Saturday, January 16, 2021 (5:17 a.m.)

Blessed, Holy God,


We as a nation are in a world of hurt. We need You Lord. Yesterday! Last year. Way before now.


The news keeps getting worse. And I turn my attention to You. Your Word. Your Truth. Your promises.


Blessed, Holy Father God, I am confessing fear to You. Fear of the unknown. Of the probability of great disaster. And I turn to Matthew 24 for hope.


Reading of impending doom, I’m directed to Daniel 9:25-27 and read of even more transgression and wickedness. Oh most Blessed God, we are in such need of You.


A comment (Daniel 9:20-27) in The Life Recovery Bible tells us “Although Daniel was worried about his people and nation, God had a plan for their recovery. The road would not be easy, and Israel would have many years of pain ahead, but God’s time to judge His enemies would come. God hasn’t abandoned us in our hour of need. He is there, waiting to work His plan for our life. We are to seek and obey God, trusting in His timing for our complete recovery.”


Most Dear and Blessed God, we as a nation are unraveling. We as Your people are warring within ourselves. None of this is surprising to You. Each of us holds to our own belief of what is best. How I ask You to change our hearts and minds Blessed Lord.


Discord, dissension and division is not what Jesus came to bring us. Or was it? Luke 12:51. “Do you think I have come to bring peace to the earth? No, I have come to bring strife and division!” Well, Hallelujah, here we are! [Sarcasm noted]


Father God, the faith, hope and love that will remain and the greatest of these being love (1 Corinthians 13:13) on which I have built my trust in You is growing a little shaky right about now. With every lover of Jesus taking his or her own understanding to be just and right I find myself more weary than ever.


We’re to come to You. Your Word tells us to. All who are weary and carry heavy burdens and You will give us rest (Matthew 11:28). You will teach us because You are humble and gentle (v. 29). Because Your yoke fits perfectly, and the burden You give is light (v.30).


I trust You because I’ve experienced the sheer joy You have provided in the past. You tell us repeatedly to take courage and not be afraid.


“And everything I’ve taught you is so that the peace which is in me will be in you and will give you great confidence as you rest in me. For in this unbelieving world you will experience trouble and sorrows, but you must be courageous, for I have conquered the world” (John 16:33, The Passion Translation).


I confess to You right now Blessed God, I’m far more prone to the hearts and flowers “God is good All the time” approach to following You. This put on my armor and be ready for battle is hard.


I need You to help, lead, guide and direct my every single thought, word and action. These times in which we are living are rife with strife and You truly are our only hope. Do all You must Blessed God. Giving us courage every single step of the way.


I love You. And I ask all this in Jesus’ most precious, blessed and Holy name. Thank You. Praise You. Amen.

(595 words ~ 6:43 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment