Tuesday, January 12, 2021

crooning

 Tuesday, January 12, 2021 (4:56 a.m.)

Holy God,


There’s a lot of crooning going on in my head right now. It started with ♪Run To Him♪ At first I thought it odd. Then it seemed perfect. Of course I want to run to You!


Looking up the lyrics and learning more about the origin of the song, I found also ♪Take Good Care of My Baby♪ The smile on my face and heart represent the trust I have that You would indeed sing ever so gently of me.


While this could quite possibly be the first time I’ve ever considered You as the ultimate Crooner of my soul, I’m pleased to discover I am not alone in my thinking. A daily devotional found on the internet encourages the image of You crooning, in perfect pitch and tone, a song over me. I have honestly done this for years. Thank You Lord!


Thank You that as I look at another’s writing, I am AGOG with the Truth that You ‘pour Your love over us with peace, rest and strength to live the life You called us to live. Causing us to sink down into Your love.’ That is exactly how I feel when I recognize it is You crooning to me!


Directed to Zephaniah 3:17, I turn to The Voice and immediately Lindy Conant is singing in the recesses of my mind. ♪Take Courage the harvest is ripe Lift up your voice, ‘cause Jesus is alive♪ Thank You for the easy find Dearest Lord.


Beginning at verse 15, The Voice tells us, “The Eternal has cancelled His judgments against you. He changed the course of your enemies. The True King of Israel, the Eternal One, is standing right here among you: you have no reason to be afraid ever again.”


I can just imagine Your heart singing ♪Run To Him♪ to Your people. Giving them Your full on permission to choose someone other than Yourself. You are such a good, good Father!


“On that day people will say to the faithful in Jerusalem, ‘Do not be afraid, Zion; Hold your head and hands high, and take courage.’ The Eternal your God is standing right here among you, and He is the champion who will rescue you. He will joyfully celebrate over you; He will rest in His love for you; He will joyfully sing because of you like a new husband” (vs. 16-17).


Seems like a love song to me! Thank You God.


Included in The Voice is the following description. “This celebrated passage reflects the reconciliation between God and His wife, Jerusalem. The daughter Zion is reunited with her King and Husband, the Eternal!” While it is something I can neither understand nor explain, there are glimpses that I experience myself. Like when I wake in the dark crooning ♪Run to Him♪


Thank You for Your love of each and everyone of us. Your are good. We are blessed by Your holiness. Use us this day exactly as You know is best. Lovingly. Tenderly. Wholly. Completely. Crooning Your loving Truth to this hurting world. Praise You God. I love You. Thank You. Amen.


(527 words ~ 6:12 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment