Monday, December 28, 2020

traditions of celebration

 Monday, December 28, 2020 (6:00 a.m.)

Most Dear and Holy Father God,


We love You Lord. It’s the fourth day of Christmas. And again I want to learn and know more of Your Word. Your Truth. And Your promises.


We’ve made traditions of celebration. What of them are based on You? Your love. Yours for us. And ours for You.

(6:41 a.m.)


Blessed Lord, I read. And hope. I remember the fearfulness that so easily overtakes me. And then I turn. Look to You. And ask (Matthew 7:7). Do all You must in teaching me not to be afraid.


No sooner asked then answered. “Lifelong journey with Jesus” were the words that just jumped off a Circle of Hope introduction page. Father, thank You that with Jesus I do not need to fear (Psalm 23:4).


Told this way in The Passion Translation, “Lord, even Your path takes me through the valley of deepest darkness, fear will never conquer me, for You already have! You remain close to me and lead me through it all the way. Your authority is my strength and my peace. The comfort of Your love takes away my fear. I’ll never be lonely, for You are near.”


Amen Blessed God! Oh that I would learn to live this Truth. On my “lifelong journey with Jesus.”


I love You Lord. I long to live this day as You would have me. Loving You, others and myself. With all my heart, soul, mind and strength (Mark 12:30-31). Do all You must in making it so.


I love You. I need You. I want You. And I ask You. Keep me with You on this journey Lord. As we work toward sorting through the traditions of our celebrations. Thank You. Praise You. Amen.

(289 words ~ 7:27 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment