Thursday, January 21, 2021

more than enough

 Thursday, January 21, 2021 (5:44 a.m.)

Holy God,


Hi. I’m here. Physically. Waiting for my heart and soul and mind to show up.


There’s an overall negative vibe coming from me. A really bad attitude. Not grateful like I want to be. So I’m sitting still. Waiting for it to happen. Because I know it will.


“Be still


And here’s the smile! Thank You God. Oh, look! There’s the thank You. Genuine. Unforced. Authentic. Yes. Thank You God.


Thank You that You are good. Thank You that You call us to You. Thank You for all that You are. And all that You provide.


Psalm 46:10. No. Not just verse 10. Starting at the beginning. “God is our refuge and strength, always ready to help in times of trouble.”


Oh, but look at how The Passion Translation says it. “God, You’re such a safe and powerful place to find refuge! You’re a proven help in time of trouble - more than enough and always available whenever I need You.” How awesome is that?


As I read through the verses and the accompanying footnotes, I find this for verse 4. “The plural ‘dwelling places’ points to believers today. Each believer is now the holy dwelling place of God. God’s river flows into us and through us.”


And here/hear the faint strains of Psalty the Singing Songbook begin. ♪He lives within the praises of His people, He loves to hear us call upon His name. So set your mind on Him, And let your praise begin, And the glory of the Lord will fill this place. Praise the Lord, praise the Lord♪


Yes, yes, oh yes! According to the notation for 1 Kings 8:10-16 “It is always time to praise the Lord. Wherever you are, whatever You’re doing, praise Him!”


I confess Father. Many times that direction is much harder to follow than others. Never does it disappoint.


Every time I put myself in Your care, You provide. In the most unexpected ways. Whether it’s a necessary song or a new way of reading an ancient verse, Your Word is alive. Full of living power (Hebrews 4:12).


And again it speaks deep into my heart. The Life Recovery Bible’s comment for “4:12-13 During hard times [like when my mind takes me where I do not want to go] our faith tends to dwindle; we may grow angry and harden our heart to the truth about ourself [SO often!]. The antidote to this problem is the living Word of God, which has power to penetrate even the deepest denial [oh, Amen! And thank You, Lord!].”


What is especially cool for me is that when I read of others having experienced the same or similar self doubt and recriminations, I know I am not alone. Or the oddity I sometimes allow myself to believe I am.


“This is good news for those of us struggling to overcome a dysfunctional lifestyle and having a tendency to distort reality. [Here comes another ‘Amen!’…] God knows everything about us, even the things we try to hide from ourself [and that is exactly why I confess my own bad attitudes to You! Thank You Father]. We can count on Him, through His Word, to expose the problems and needs we will face in recovery.”


Amen. Amen. Amen.


Thank You that I can come to You exactly as I am. Irritated. Feeling slighted. And You right my thinking. Putting it back on You. Where it so perfectly and rightly belongs.


Again a comment in The Life Recovery Bible (Psalm 46:7-11) speaks volumes to me. “God, the commander of the heavenly armies, is here among us. If we put our life in His hands, we can rest, confident that He will protect us. He knows our weaknesses and can strengthen us in the needed areas, helping us to overcome attacks we face each day. Our enemies may be strong, but God is more powerful than anything that might assail us.”


Indeed, Dearest Dad, You are far more than enough! Thank You. Praise You. Use me. Exactly as You alone know is best. I love You. Amen.


(696 words ~ 6:47 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment