Monday, January 11, 2021

child's size

Monday, January 11, 2021 (6:44 a.m.)

Blessed God,


I came to You yesterday with my own plan. And then I left. Instead of repeating that mistake, I'm asking You to lead and guide me this morning.


Much like the tandem bike I saw the other day. The one that has the grown up bike in front and child’s size in the back. That’s me. I need the child’s size!


I want to again “live loved”. All day. Everyday. It’s one thing that I know I am. By You. And others. Too often I live misunderstood. Or missing out. It depends on where I put my focus. Anytime it’s not on You, I miss the mark.


Father God, I confess. I have not been taking care of business. Starting things and not completing them. I’m asking (Matthew 7:7) You to do in and with, by, through and for me all that is necessary to get me back on the path You have for me.


You know the one. NOT filled with self-doubt, blame and recriminations. Lord God, I love You. And I know that You love me. ♪…The Bible tells me so♪


Mm, what a perfect song for a child’s sized request! Found in one hymnal under CHILDREN’S HYMNS right after PATRIOTIC. Which is kinda wonderful for me ‘cause now I’m looking into ♪Eternal Father, Strong to Save♪


Isn’t that exactly what I asked of You straight off? Lead me. Guide me. Why? Because You are strong to save!


Blessed God, I cannot thank You enough for the ways You tend to our hurting hearts, souls, minds and strength. You just love us. Plain and simple. More than any earthly father ever could.


Our other hymnal lists this Truth-filled song under GOD AND COUNTRY. In both collections the referred Scripture is Psalm 107:30-31.

(8:47 a.m.)


Looking. Reading. Sitting up straighter. Laundry has been started. Effective communication has begun.


I just read a text message listing You as the God of the Valley, as well as the God of the Mountain. Thank You that You ARE our ♪Eternal Father, Strong to Save♪


Illustrated Bible Handbook lists Psalm 107 as “A psalm of redemption - from wandering (4-9), prison (10-16), rebelliousness (17-22), and distress (23-32).” Father God, thank You for putting my attention back on You. Your Word. Your Truth. The hope and promises we have in You.

(9:50 a.m.)


A comment in The Life Recovery Bible for 107:23-32 tells us, “Sometimes we may feel that we are a small ship plowing through stormy seas and about to go under. Bad memories and a sense of failure [HELLO!] make our world seem dark and hopeless. The longer the storm rages, the more we fear and lose all hope of rescue.” It’s so true Dearest Dad. Hence my Joshua 1:9 beginning yesterday.


“But when we cry out to God in our trouble, He will turn our storm-tossed life into a calm and peaceful sea and restore our joy. We must turn to Him for help, follow His plan for healthy living, and patiently await His deliverance.” Yes Lord!


Here I sit. On my child's size bike section. Helmet (of salvation Ephesians 6:17a) firmly in place. Awaiting Your Fatherly pedaling to take precedence over mine. Leading, guiding, driving us all the directions we will go together on this “ride”.


Now the song ♪Together♪ sings itself perfectly for the occasion. Having heard it played the same day as I saw the “Wee Ride Co-Pilot Child Bike” attachment, the words build and soar powerfully. ♪If [NOT “when”!] we fall, we will fall Together When [NOT “if”] we rise, we will rise Together♪


Together! Yes! You and I. Together.


I love You Lord. I trust You. I need You. I want You. In control of my thoughts, words and actions. Thank You. Praise You. Use me as only You know is best. Amen.

(599 words ~ 10:01 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment