Monday, October 26, 2020

true power

Monday, October 26, 2020 (6:04 a.m.)

Holy God,


Good morning. Good day. Good God. ♪Good Good Father♪


You reminded me yesterday that I get to choose. Life or death. Faith or fear. Joy or sadness. You allow us choices. Thank You Lord that I choose You. Your will. Your way. And here I ask You to use me exactly as You know is best.


I confess to You Lord how easily fear and indifference overtake me. On my own I am powerless. In You is true power. Mm, yes Father. Your true power.


Pretense gets me nowhere. Acting as if, withdrawing, refusing to care do not represent You well. BUT ♪You’re a Good Good Father It’s who You are… And I’m loved by You It’s who I am…♪


Yes! Father, I am loved by You. And that matters Lord. Your Truth matters so much.


Thoughts of You comforted me throughout much of last night. Trusting and believing that the Fruit of Your Spirit (Galatians 5:22-23) truly is “love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such there is no law.”


My hope is in You Dear Lord. You reminded me to smile. And sing. Stand firm. And stay my mind on You.


Turning to Acts 9 in Your Word just now, I read of Saul’s Conversion. Here was a man who was so convicted in his beliefs that he “was eager to destroy the Lord’s followers” (v. 1b). Holy God, You did such a mighty work in and through him. How I ask You to do all You must in righting my thinking.


A Step 1 Devotional for Acts 9:1-9 (The Life Recovery Bible) entitled A Time to Choose tells of the moment in Saul’s life that changed his destiny. Father, how I thank You for reminding us just how powerless we can be “over the events of our life. These moments can either destroy us or forever set the course of our life in a much better direction.”


Holy Lord God, I admit to You right now how I have let the negative events of these past many months far overshadow the positive ones! It’s been so easy for me to fall right back into the habit of fear and despair.


The final paragraph of this reading explains, “Saul was suddenly confronted with the fact that his life wasn’t as perfect as he had thought. Self-righteousness had been his trademark. By letting go of his illusions of power, however, he became one of the most powerful men ever - the apostle Paul. When we are confronted with the knowledge that our life isn’t under our control, we have a choice. We can continue in denial and self-righteousness, or we can face the fact that we have been blind to some important issues. If we become willing to be led into recovery and into a whole new way of life, we will find true power.”


Mm. Your true power Lord! I long to live this day in Your true power. Do all You must to enable and empower me to this end. You are good. I am learning. Use me. I love You. Thank You. Praise You. Amen.


(537 words ~ 8:16 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment