Sunday, October 25, 2020

actively seeking joy

Sunday, October 25, 2020 (7:22 a.m.)

Holy God,


I am here seeking Your joy. Yes Dearest Dad, I am actively seeking the joy that I will only find in You. Your Word. Your Truth. Your promises.


Sadness and despair come easy for me Lord. I can wallow in the muck with the best of them. And it all leads to the death of every hope I have.


Thank You God that we have Your Word on which to cling. “Rejoice. Fear not. Be of good cheer” echo in my mind when I actively choose You. Your will. Your way.


Tears sting my eyes as I consider all Deuteronomy 30:19 has to say Dear Lord. I confess to You the loss I feel right now. There is so much sadness in the world.


I know You to be our only hope. I have experienced Your presence in times of great need. I am depending on You Lord.


The tears keep welling up. Almost to the point of falling. And then they abate. Gone. Until the next wave of fearful sadness.


Smiles come with every decision to choose joy over sadness. ♪Joyful, Joyful, We Adore Thee♪ began hours ago. Followed just now by ♪Forever Reign♪ and my true desire that ♪My heart will sing no other name Jesus, Jesus♪

(8:49 a.m.)


Father. I read. And hope. I think. And fear filters in. Countering every fearful thought with Your Truth, I sit up straighter. Stand a little firmer. And actively seek the joy You promise.


“Today I have given you the choice between life and death, between blessings and curses. Now I call on heaven and earth to witness the choice you make. Oh, that you would choose life, so that you and your descendants might live! You can make this choice by loving the LORD your God, obeying Him, and committing yourself firmly to Him. This [He] is the key to your life. And if you love and obey the LORD, you will live long in the land the LORD swore to give your ancestors Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob” (Deuteronomy 30:19-20 New Living Translation).


Some days the choice is so much easier than others. Thank You that as I choose to actively seek joy this morning I am reminded to again sing out ♪Joyful, Joyful, We Adore Thee, God of glory, Lord of love; Hearts unfold like flow’rs before Thee, Opening to the sun above. Melt the clouds of sin and sadness; Drive the dark of doubt away. Giver of immortal gladness, Fill us with the light of day!♪


Yes Lord. I choose life. I choose You. I choose joy. Strengthen my resolve as only You are able.


I love You. I need You. I ask You, do all You must for Your good and Your glory. Thank You. Amen.

(475 words ~ 9:14 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment