Wednesday, October 7, 2020

failing fabulously

Wednesday, October 7, 2020 (6:27 a.m.)

Holy God,


You are good. And I am grateful.


Thank You for all You are teaching me. I’m asking You now to keep up Your fining and refining work in me.


I smiled broadly yesterday when I used a phrase describing my actions. I confessed to “failing fabulously.” How I thank You for that freedom Father.


There have been times in my life Lord that I’ve believed mistakes to be the end-all example of my own inadequacies. Then yesterday? Such a glorious smile! If I’m failing, I’m risking. If I’m risking, I have the opportunity of growing. Thank You God. Thank You!


I came to Your Word this morning to Psalm 119, verse 68. The Message has me beginning with verse 65, nodding my head and smiling all the more.


“Be good to Your servant, GOD; be as good as Your Word. Train me in good common sense; I’m thoroughly committed to living Your way. Before I learned to answer You, I wandered all over the place, but now I’m in step with Your Word. You are good, and the source of good; train me in Your goodness.”


Oh yes Father! Train me in Your good common sense. The more things I attempt to learn, the greater the risk I will bungle them badly. Let me do it all in the strength of Your mighty power (Ephesians 6:10).


Illustrated Bible Handbook tells me this about “the longest of the psalms… an acrostic poem… The word of God, and its impact in the life of the believer, is the subject of this great work of poetry.”


Your Word has greatly impacted my life Lord. How I ask You to continue giving me the opportunities of making the mistakes necessary to fail fabulously and ultimately grow into the woman You would have me be.


I love You Father. Use me this day. Exactly as You know is best. Mistakes and all. Thank You. I love You. Amen.

(336 words ~ 7:49 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment