Sunday, October 18, 2020

♪Singing Praise♪

Monday, October 12, 2020 (7:53 a.m. 37°)

Gull Lake Parking Lot

Holy, Holy God,


Here I sit. Once again singing Your praises from the comfort of a warm vehicle. Thank You Lord.


There’s a song for children. From Psalty the Singing Songbook. I don’t have ready access to the usual search techniques. Psalty Bible, internet… ♪I’m singing praises♪ And then there’s spelling involved. Is It ♪J E S U S my Savior♪?


Not knowing where in Your Word to turn I look in the back. Topical Index under “Praise” and here I am at Habakkuk’s Prayer (3:1-2). [Father God, thank You for the gloves and scarf you had me pack!] “This prayer was sung by the prophet Habakkuk: I have heard all about You, LORD, and I am filled with awe by the amazing things You have done. In this time of our deep need, begin again to help us as You did in years gone by. Show us Your power to save us. And in Your anger, remember Your mercy.”


As if this isn’t music enough to my ears, the comment at the bottom of the of the page directs me over to Hebrews 12:5-6. Blessed Lord God, how truly we thank You for Your discipline. Your loving correction that ultimately leads us to following You into the perfect, vital relationship You have planned for us.


Habakkuk 3:1-2 comment in The Life Recovery Bible. “… God’s punishment is always for the purpose of growth and blessing. If we recognize our need for God and follow His good plans for us, we can receive the blessingsHe intended for us to gain through our painful experiences.”


Father God, painful experiences abound! There are serious health issues. Great need for Your presence and Your healing. Derisions and divisiveness appear to be the norm. Where is the ♪Kumbayah♪ my Lord?


I sit here Father. Warm enough. Contemplating and singing bits of praise as they come to me. ♪J E S U S my Savior♪


Back over to Hebrews 12:5-6. Found just above “A Call to Listen to God” (vs. 14-28). “… My child, don’t ignore it when the Lord disciplines you and don’t be discouraged when He corrects you. For the Lord disciplines those He loves and He punishes those He accepts as His children. (12:5-6 Proverbs 3:11-12).”


Mm, mm, mm Father! One act of singing praise to You yields blessing upon blessing of Your Truth. How deeply I thank and praise You Lord.


None of us knows what this day or the next holds. Thank You that we can trust and depend that You are holding us all. ♪Kumbayah my Lord…♪ Come by here!


Thank You. We need You. We love You. Amen.

(468 a.m. ~ 8:35 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment