Sunday, October 4, 2020

"Eshet Chayil"

Sunday, October 4, 2020 (6:24 a.m.)

Most Dear and Blessed Holy God,


I took a risk yesterday. I asked for an improved relationship I would like to have. Referencing the Proverbs 31 woman I come to You now.


Proverbs 31. An acrostic poem of blessing. Written about a mother [Bathsheba?] sitting down with her son [King Solomon?] teaching him the qualities of a good, virtuous wife. A woman who is wise, gracious and trustworthy.


A hymn to a good woman. Sung by men to the women in their lives. To honor them for who they are to their husbands and families.


Oh most Blessed God, let that describe me! Having been made by You to rise to challenges with Your perfect Wisdom. That my husband would celebrate and speak life over me by singing my praises (v. 28b). Oh yes Lord. That!


“Eshet Chayil” = “Woman of Valor!” Roughly equates to “Carry on, Warrior!” And modernizes to “You Go, Girl!”


Your women are to be brave, strong, diligent, heartened, tenacious and faithful. Checking our motives through honoring You. And encouraging one another in being the women You created us to be.


Loving Father God I ask You to continue Your work in fining [clarifying] and refining me that I would truly become Your “Eshet Chayil” [“Woman of Might”].


I love You Lord. I need You. I want You. And I ask You to do all You must to make me so. Thank You Father. Praise You. Amen.


(248 words ~ 8:53 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment