Sunday, October 18, 2020

by rote

Tuesday, October 13, 2020 (6:54 a.m.)

Mammoth Lakes, CA

Blessed, Holy God,


Mm, yes! You are blessed. Holy. God. 


Often I say things practically by rote. Paying little attention. Until something catches my eye. Or ear.


Blessed. Holy. God. Those three words pack quite a punch when we think about them. Thank You that You provide us the wherewithal of thinking more deeply than the mere surface of things.


Sitting here in the smoke-free comfort of another’s condo, I look straight out the glass door to a giant pine. As I continue watching, I see movement. A blue jay. Then I notice the pinecones. And bare branches.


Lord, everything goes deeper when we take the time to consider it. Like the Truth of You being blessed. Holy. And God. What will this reality mean for this day?


♪I’ll Stand By You♪


Oh Lord God, the news just came on television. More coverage of the upcoming election. This country is in dire [extremely serious or urgent] need of You Lord. We pray. Confess. And beseech You Father. Do what only YOU are able. Unite these divided states Dear Lord.


You are blessed. You are holy. You are God. And good. And able.


None of this prayer is being phoned in Lord. It’s not offered up by rote. I am looking to You. Asking. Seeking. Knocking (Matthew 7:7). Coming before You, believing You to be the loving Father that You are.


♪All my hope is in You♪


Blessed. Holy. God. I confess to You right here my hesitation to hope. With such divide Lord, only YOU can do all that must be done. How I pray. Asking You to do that which only You are able. Unite us Lord.


This I pray, in Jesus’ most holy name. We love You Lord. We thank You. Amen.

(311 words ~ 7:57 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment