Friday, October 30, 2020

tender whisper of love

 Thursday, October 29, 2020 (5:26 a.m.)

Holy God,


Thank You for easy access to the song I woke up singing. ♪Oh, I’ve heard a thousand stories of what they say You’re like But I’ve heard the tender whisper of love in the dead of night♪


Yes!

(7:11 a.m.)


How I thank You Lord for singing to me. And allowing that song to take me deeper into Your Word. Thank You that You do indeed whisper tenderly and lovingly to us. Often in the deep of night. Or despair.


Reading that even Your servant Elijah suffered with self-doubt is heartening. He needed Your reassurance and rest in overcoming his discouragement (1 Kings 19:4, 10). Thank You Lord that he heard Your gentle whisper (v. 12). Thank You for Your reminders that we are all only human.


Father God, it is to You I turn this morning. Buoyed by Your Truth and promises. I absolutely do not know what today will bring. And I pray the power of Your Holy Spirit to keep me standing firm in whatever it is that comes our way.


I’ve turned to “Psalm 107. A psalm of redemption - from wandering (4-9), prison (10-16), rebelliousness (17-22), and distress (23-32) [Illustrated Bible Handbook]. Led here by the mention of You calming a storm to a whisper (v. 29).


Mm, Father. I read in The Message of this ocean storm (Psalm 107:23-32) and sit transfixed, envisioning it all: ‘Towering waves! Shooting high in the sky, then the bottom dropping out; hearts stuck in throats. Spinning like a top, reeling like a drunk, not knowing which end is up. Calling out to You in our desperate condition; getting out in the nick of time’ (vs. 25-28).


The Life Recovery Bible’s comment reminds me of the hope we have in You. Psalm 107:23-32 Sometimes we may feel that we are in a small ship plowing through stormy seas and about to go under. Bad memories and a sense of failure make our world seem dark and hopeless. The longer the storm rages, the more we fear and lose all hope of rescue. But when we cry out to God in our trouble, He will turn our storm-tossed life into a calm and peaceful sea and restore our joy. We must turn to Him for help, follow His plan for healthy living, and patiently await His deliverance.”


Yes please! I call to You Father. Still singing the song with which I awoke. ♪You’re a Good, Good Father It’s who You are, It’s who You are And I’m loved by You It’s who I am, It’s who I am Oh, I’ve seen many searching for answers far and wide But I know we’re all searching For answers only You provide Cause You know just what we need Before we say a word You’re a Good, Good Father…♪


So, my Good, Good Father, it truly is to You I turn this day. Seeking the life I can find only in You. Love Inspired Fearless Enthusiasm. Your love. Your Spirit. Your will. Your way.


Lead me. Guide me. Step by arduous step. Until the storm breaks and You quiet the wind down to a whisper (Psalm 107:29). Yes, Good, Good Father. ♪You are perfect in all of Your ways♪


Conform me to Your perfect will. I love You. I want You. I seek Your Truth and power. Do all You must in, with, by, through and for me this day. Thank You. Praise You. Amen.

(552 words ~ 8:04 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment